Be a 2013 PIA Expo exhibitor, sponsor, tour host, or attendee! Support the printing industry by attending this exposition and by preflighting documents with Markzware FlightCheck pre press software before you print:
The PIA Expo is the largest, most extensive showcase for the latest developments in software, products and technology for the print industry. Markzware has also long supported the print industry with printing solutions, such as FlightCheck, pre-press software for preflighting.
The PIA (Printing Industries Association) exposition is a unique San Diego show that provides a unique networking opportunity for printing industry members to meet with fellow printing industry members, as well as with customers and potential clients. As the needs of graphic communications customers, buyers, and vendor services change, the fast-moving print industry continues to evolve. The PIA Expo has also evolved and is bringing new changes this year to help exhibitors and attendees enjoy and profit.
Print Week is Monday, April 22- Friday April 26.
The Expo show is on Thursday, April 25, 9:30 am – 4 pm.
Don’t miss out! Mark your calendars now and plan to attend.
San Diego Convention Center
111 W. Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
- corporate marketing professionals
- corporate communications professionals
- graphic designers
- paper distributors
- print buyers
- software distributors
- specialty printers
- and other graphic arts, marketing, and printing professionals
- Eye / Comm
- Hewlitt Packard
- Marathon Solutions, Inc.
- MSMA (Mail Systems Management Association)
- Ricoh Production Printing
- San Diego Ad Club
Speakers (on the Trade Show Floor to make industry-relevant presentations):
- Jacquie Francisco (VP/Brand Specialist of Brand Savants): marketing, advertising, product development, distribution, sales, design, and fabrication
- Rob Marlbrough (Co-Founder/Director, Social Technology of Fandom Marketing, Owner of Web Wizards, and developer of Minglestream): social marketing, WordPress services, web development, WordPress, and live social-media-powered events
- Jenn David Connolly (Founder/Creative Director of Jenn David Design): graphic, packaging and branding design
- Brian Wood (Web Developer/Adobe Certified Instructor/Author/Trainer/Speaker): training DVD authoring (Muse, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat 8, Acrobat 9, Acrobat forms, and more), client training, national conference speaking (Note: FlightCheck pre-press software for preflighting can preflight InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat and more DTP file types.)
- Gordon Glazer (President, Mail Consulting Services of Shipware, LLC and Founder, San Diego Postal and Shipping Equipment, Inc.): document handling, addressing, mail center design and mail processing systems
- Steve Decker (President, Zooka Creative): multi-channel marketing
- Leatrice Eiseman (Executive Director, Pantone Color Institute and Founder, EisemanCenter for Color Information and Training): color/design consulting
- Daniel Dejan (North American ETC Print & Creative Manager, Sappi Fine Paper): graphic designer, art/creative direction, production, print buying, print communications, graphic arts education, authoring, value-added marketing, sales, and technical consultation
- Anne McColl (President of the Best D@mn Copywriter): offline and online creative interactive copywriting, branding and corporate communications
- James Polanco (Co-Founder/Web Application Architect, DevelopmentArc, & Co-Manager, San Diego Adobe Developer Group): full-stack development (front-end to server), application architecture, UI & UX planning & integration, product development, project planning, technology-based consulting, and entrepreneurship
A trade show is the most successful, effective medium for in-person marketing, sales and branding for buyers and sellers in any industry. Here are some reasons to attend:
- See the latest print marketing innovations.
- Make and maintain contacts (print, advertising, mail, web, design, business communication and creative professionals) within your niche who may prove valuable for future business. The show’s overhauled promotional campaign is expected to get more impressions, more mailbox reach, and more show attendees.
- Quickly and effectively advertise to potential local clients through brand promotion and service/product demonstration.
- Get your company name and contact information listed in the Expo Program to allow future contact from potential clients.
- Meet with innovative local service providers with the resources, creativity and technology that could inspire your future multi-channel marketing or design campaigns.
- Check out seminars by major companies (e.g., Apple, Google and Pantone) and local associations (e.g., AIGA and San Diego Ad Club)
- Go on tours:
- Digital/VDP Printing Plants: Blend (digital printing, large format) or Emagine Digital (digital and large format printing, managing color from design to print)
- Post Office: San Diego Post Office (mail processing, automation)
- Ink Plant: Ink Systems (creating and custom color matching of printing inks: 4-color process, varnishes, Pantone colors, fluorescents and metallics)
- Newspaper: San Diego Union Tribune (newspaper production, web press)
- Large Format Printing Plant: DF Grafix (large format printing, silk screen printing, promotional products)
- Enjoy a lunch option that avoids interruption, so exhibitors and attendees can take advantage of peak show traffic, especially with the new floor plan layout that keeps it flowing.
- Read about the new changes for the 2013 PIA Expo. Click here to download the PDF with the details.
- an Exhibitor
- a Sponsor
- Click here to download the Sponsorship Kit in PDF format.
- a Tour Host
- Click here to register for hosting a tour, so customers and potential clients can tour your plant.
- an Attendee
- Click here to register for attending the expo.
Mark your calendars today! Come and enjoy all the opportunities at the 2013 PIA Expo!
Support the printing industry! Visit the PIA Expo and use Markzware FlightCheck pre-press software for preflighting.