Print checklists are a way to ensure you do not miss any important steps when preflighting your graphic design during prepress. Preflighting will help you to avoid printing problems that may occur in the print workflow. Preflight solution, FlightCheck, can help immensely. We all have our mental or even physical checklists for preparing print files and hopefully you have FlightCheck, to ease the process.
FlightCheck makes your print checklist easy to handle for preflighting. A good prepress checklist is in the article titled, “Digital Prepress Checklist.” To highlight a section:
Design & Pre-Press Checklist:
- Do not use Publisher or Quark. Stick to Adobe Products.
- Remember, Photoshop is for photos. Illustrator is for illustrations. InDesign is for Page Layout.
- Do not enlarge images beyond 120% of original size when placing it in your document.
- Do not use images downloaded from Google. Read second sections of post.
- Do not use compression methods (i.e. LZW or JPEG) on placed images for output.
- Do not use RGB images whenever possible. Convert them to CMYK.
Source: Digital Prepress Checklist
Print Checklists for Prepress and Designing via Page Layout
Use FlightCheck preflight software for prepress checks when designing page layout
Prepress and Designing for Print Checklists via Page Layout