Markzware offers Adobe InDesign users the chance to speed up page layout processes, by using keyboard shortcuts in ID Util for macOS. Save time when you preview InDesign files, export, print, and more:
You can use keystrokes together on your computer, to command an application to perform a function. These combined keystrokes are called keyboard shortcuts, which are often used by many creative professionals.
Markzware understands that printers, publishers, and graphic designers frequently work under tight deadlines for document production. Markzware’s ID Util for macOS is a free application (on the Mac App Store) that helps users to view InDesign, IDML and InCopy file previews, and to export InDesign previews to PNG, JPG or PDF. ID Util also allows you to use keyboard shortcuts, to help you to save time.
By pressing and holding 2 or 3 particular keys on your keyboard, you can command ID Util for macOS to perform functions. Some keyboard shortcuts that can be used with ID Util are listed in the following table, along with corresponding functions:
|⌘ – ;
(Command + Semicolon)
|Show ID Util Window or bring it to the front|
|⌘ – E
(Command + E)
|⌘ – P
(Command + P)
|⌘ – O
(Command + O)
|Open a file for viewing|
|⌘ – 1
(Command + 1)
|Zoom out to 25% size|
|⌘ – 2
(Command + 2)
|Zoom out to 50% size|
|⌘ – 3
(Command + 3)
|Zoom out to 100%|
|⌘ – 4
(Command + 4)
|Zoom out to 100%|
|⇧ – ⌘ – S
(Shift + Command + S)
|Resave HD (for InDesign files only)|
|⌘ – W
(Command + W)
|Close active window|
|⌘ – ,
(Command + Comma)
|Bring up Preference window|
|⌘ – C
(Command + C)
|Copy current selected preview to Clipboard|
How to Use ID Util
• Install Markzware’s ID Util.
• Select the InDesign, IDML, or InCopy file in Finder.
• To preview the selected file, click the spacebar. (For thumbnail-sized previews, view your files in thumbnail view. To see more detail, zoom in. To see multiple pages at once, zoom out.)
You can quickly check which content is in which InDesign file, by using ID Util. See how, in this demonstration video:
Markzware’s ID Util for macOS allows users to open a previewed Adobe InDesign file in the InDesign version in which it was last saved. This and ID Util’s keyboard shortcuts are time savers for users who handle InDesign files.
ID Util for macOS Benefits
• easily preview Adobe InDesign, IDML, and InCopy files with a spacebar tap.
• no Adobe software installation required.
• costs nothing to download and do basic file previews.
• gives you the option to transfer previews.
• lets you see what version of InDesign the file was created in.
ID Util Keyboard Shortcuts Let You Quickly Preview InDesign Files:
ID Util for macOS Features
• Preview Adobe InDesign, IDML and InCopy files (CS2 through CC 2015).
• Export Previews as PNG, JPG or PDF.
• View styled stories from InDesign files.
• View previews of linked images.
• View a list of used fonts.
• View the document version (what version of InDesign was used to create the document).
• Print the document previews.
• If you have InDesign installed you can resave the document with High Resolution previews of all pages.
If you save your customer’s INDD document in a newer InDesign version, your customer may then be unable to open it. ID Util acts as a liaison between your file and your installed InDesign versions, so you can be sure to preview, open and save documents in the right version.
ID Util for macOS supports InDesign, IDML, and InCopy versions for Adobe:
• CC 2015
• CC 2014
The right application can help your creative workflow to keep up with relentless demands for output. To help your organization to keep up with your industry, Markzware makes continuous improvements to its offerings.
Increasing document production is key to meeting customer demands and job deadlines. Markzware products can help you to handle prepress jobs faster. With ID Util for macOS, you can increase InDesign file processing speed, so you can finish projects sooner.
ID Util macOS Keyboard Shortcuts: Preview InDesign File, Export, Print