Publish InDesign to iPad – Markzware is the developer of ID2Q, the QuarkXPress XTension that can convert files from InDesign to Quark. Many graphic designers have InDesign layouts that they want to publish to the iPad, but they want InDesign to QuarkXPress data conversion to make InDesign desktop publishing (DTP) easier. ID2Q can convert those InDesign layouts to QuarkXPress 9.x files:
How to Convert InDesign to QuarkXPress for InDesign Desktop Publishing to the iPad
ID2Q can convert InDesign files to QuarkXPress. These QuarkXPress files can be published to the iPad via App Studio. If you have already created your layout in InDesign, you can convert it to QuarkXPress 9 with ID2Q by Markzware, as shown in this video:
InDesign Desktop Publishing to iPad -
Convert InDesign to QuarkXPress 9 with ID2Q QuarkXPress XTension
Open InDesign in QuarkXPress 9.x with Markzware ID2Q
Publish InDesign to iPad
- Get QuarkXPress 9.
- Install the free Issue Previewer on your iPad.
- Apply for an Apple Developer ID.
- Fill out iTunes Connect information.
- Install XCode for Lion.
- Configure your Apple Developer Account under iOS Provisioning Portal then download and install Provisioning Profiles as described in the App Studio documentation.
- Set up your app in iTunes Connect.
- Create an account on the App Studio Publishing Portal.
- Set up your app and Issues in the App Studio Publishing Portal and download your app certificate.
- On a Mac, create your app, choose a template and customize attributes in App Studio Factory (in the “App Studio” folder in your QuarkXPress application folder).
- Export your app on a Mac and test your app in the iOS Simulator or on an iPad.
- Purchase App and Issue Licenses.
- Identify your hosting server (free, rented or your own) and upload your AVE (.zave) file to this location.
- Configure your issue in the App Studio Publishing Portal by specifying the URL of your AVE (.zave) file.
- Test your app and issue to confirm everything is working.
- Export the app from App Studio Factory and submit it via iTunes Connect for approval, which typically takes less than two weeks.
How do you convert InDesign layouts into iPad applications? Use QuarkXPress 9, App Studio, and Markzware ID2Q, the Quark XTension to convert InDesign to QuarkXPress for InDesign desktop publishing. Buy ID2Q via the ID2Q page.
Publish InDesign to iPad: Convert InDesign to QuarkXPress with ID2Q for InDesign desktop publishing!