MarkzTools for InDesign conversion software can open InDesign CC or higher file versions in a lower version, without IDML. Open a later version InDesign file (InDesign CC or CC 2014) within InDesign CS5-CS6.
With MarkzTools for InDesign, you do not need an IDML to open a higher version InDesign file in a lower version. Convert InDesign for Creative Cloud to InDesign CS5 through CS6.
How to Open InDesign CC, CC 2014 in
InDesign CS6, CS5.5 or CS5
How to Use MarkzTools for InDesign
• Go to the MarkzTools menu.
• Select “Convert InDesign Document“.
• Select the InDesign document that you want to convert.
– or –
Use Command-O within Adobe InDesign, after loading MarkzTools:
• You will see an Adobe dialog stating you need a higher version of InDesign to open the file.
• Then, you will see a MarkzTools window asking if you want to convert the file.
• Click OK and MarkzTools will convert the InDesign file.
The Annual Subscription gives the user 1 year of the use of MarkzTools for CS6, CS5.5 and CS5 Mac on a single computer, including all updates and upgrades during that year. The year starts on the date of purchase. After the year is over, users can renew their subscription to continue using MarkzTools.
For more information on Markzware‘s InDesign plugin to open InDesign CC in lower versions, please see the MarkzTools page. For more data conversion solutions and conversion tools, please see the Markzware Products page.
How to Open InDesign CC, CC 2014 in InDesign CS6, CS5.5 or CS5