Are you an InDesign CS5 or InDesign CS6 user who receives InDesign CC 2017 files? To use an Adobe InDesign CC layout application to create an IDML file, you must have a Creative Cloud subscription. And it can take a long time for the server to return the IDML. An application could help InDesign CS5 and InDesign CS6 users to create an IDML from an InDesign Creative Cloud file, without a subscription.
Markzware is dedicated to providing solutions that help print, publishing and graphic arts businesses to grow and prosper. Markzware’s MarkzTools2 is a standalone application that can convert InDesign CC and higher files to IDML files readable by InDesign CS5 and CS6.
InDesign CC 2017 to IDML for CS5 & CS6 Users:
MarkzTools2 Mac Bundle
How to Convert an InDesign CC 2017 File to IDML, using MarkzTools2, either:
• drag the document icon to the main window in MarkzTools2, or
• find and choose a document, via the File -> Convert menu.
Upon completion of the file conversion, the IDML file will be added to the File -> Recent menu.
• is low cost and saves money, since it does not require a Creative Cloud subscription.
• enables you to open the new IDML in InDesign.
• helps you to safeguard your InDesign files, by creating a backup file.
• can tell InDesign to open the IDML upon completion of conversion.
You’ll get a Save dialog with the original document name as the default title.
Using the MarkzTools2 Mac App to Convert
InDesign CC 2017 to IDML for Viewing in CS5 & CS6:
MarkzTools2 Feature Highlights
• supports InDesign CC 2017 to IDML file conversion.
• operates stand-alone, without requiring the original design program.
• can batch convert multiple InDesign CC files.
• displays the InDesign version of the file you are viewing.
Markzware‘s MarkzTools2 can create low-res previews (to replace gray tint boxes) as (missing)
image placeholders. The simple-to-use features in this Markzware app allow more efficient InDesign document handling, which can speed up production.
File Types the MarkzTools2 Supports
The MarkzTools2 2017 Mac Bundle (subscription), which includes the MarkzTools plug-ins and MarkzTools2 INDD to IDML converter, supports conversion of InDesign CC 2017 files in these host applications:
• InDesign CS6 Mac
• InDesign CS5.5 Mac
• InDesign CS5 Mac
You can see the new IDML folder in your Finder window:
The bottom line for print, publishing and graphic arts organizations is positive revenue. MarkzTools2 can create an IDML quickly, without waiting for a server to return the IDML.
Markzware‘s MarkzTools2 can convert InDesign file items, including:
• linked text boxes
• page positioning
• text attributes
MarkzTools2 offers a user-friendly interface for easy management of your conversion process. With MarkzTools2, you can choose or create the folder in which to create the IDML, which helps when you’re trying to keep your files organized.
To Buy MarkzTools2:
Markzware‘s low-cost (12-Month) MarkzTools2 Mac Bundle Subscription provides:
• MarkzTools for InDesign CS6 Mac
• MarkzTools for InDesign CS5.5 Mac
• MarkzTools for InDesign CS5 Mac
• MarkzTools and MarkzTools2 updates
For more information, please visit the MarkzTools2 page. Additional Markzware products are available via the Products page.
InDesign CC 2017 to IDML for CS5 & CS6 Users: MarkzTools2 Mac Bundle