Open InDesign CC or CC 2014 in Adobe InDesign CS5, InDesign CS5.5 or InDesign CS6, without using InDesign Markup Language (IDML). Use Markzware‘s MarkzTools for InDesign to convert InDesign files from Creative Cloud versions to CS5–CS6.
Open InDesign CC in InDesign CS6, CS5.5 or CS5 Without IDML
You can run the higher version of InDesign (if you have a subscription for it) and push out the IDML file. Using MarkzTools, you just run the lower version of InDesign with which you’re working) and pull in the IDML. With MarkzTools for InDesign, you do not need an IDML to open a higher version InDesign file in a lower version.
InDesign CC and CC 2014 users can buy MarkzTools for customers who submit older InDesign file versions (CS6, CS5.5 or CS5). This will enable those customers to open InDesign CC+ files, without IDML.
How to Use MarkzTools for InDesign
• Go to the MarkzTools menu.
• Select “Convert InDesign Document”.
• Select the InDesign document that you want to convert.
• MarkzTools will do its best to convert it.
– or –
• Once MarkzTools is loaded, use Command-O within InDesign.
• You will see an Adobe dialog stating you need a higher version of InDesign to open the file.
• Then, you will see a MarkzTools window asking if you want to convert the file.
• Click OK and MarkzTools will convert the file.
The Annual Subscription gives the user 1 year of the use of MarkzTools for CS6, CS5.5 and CS5 Mac on a
single computer, including all updates and Upgrades during that year. The year starts on the date of purchase.
After the year is over, users can renew their subscription to continue using MarkzTools. MSRP is $149 US.
For a limited time, Markzware is offering special introductory pricing at $99 for the first year (a 33% discount).
For more information on Markzware‘s InDesign plugin to open InDesign files in lower versions, please see the MarkzTools page. For more desktop publishing (DTP) or conversion tools, please see the Markzware Products page.
Open InDesign CC in InDesign CS5, CS5.5 or CS6 Without IDML