Note: PageZephyr and PageZephyr Search have been DISCONTINUED. Please see our Products page for current Markzware offerings. Markzware also has ID Util, which can help you to view Adobe InDesign stories.
Desktop publishing can make potential customers aware of your offerings. To publish, you need content. You may have usable content in your Adobe InDesign CS6 files. This article and video tell you how to find text in those INDD documents for Adobe Creative Suite 6.
PageZephyr Search Mac can read InDesign CS6 files located in Spotlight-indexable local volumes. PageZephyr Search Mac can access these InDesign files and find the words that you specify.
How to Search InDesign CS6 Files with PageZephyr Search Mac:
1. Ensure that Spotlight indexing is turned on for each volume to be searched.
2. Click the word “here” (shown in blue text) on the “Welcome to PageZephyr Search” window. This will run the initial index, which may take about 20-30 minutes.)
3. In the upper left of the Search Parameter Area is the Any/All Popup.
• Select Any to do a “boolean OR” search. If any one of the search criteria is found, it will return a result. This is a much looser search than the All option.
• Select All for every search criteria listed to be found, in order for a result to be returned. This is equivalent to a boolean AND search. This is a much stricter search than the Any option.
You can elect to either search the text content within an InDesign file or the name of the InDesign file.
PageZephyr Search Finder Window to
Search InDesign CS6 Files:
4. Select an additional content specifier:
• begins with: The filename, or a word in the text stream, begins with the specified characters.
• ends with: The filename, or a word in the text stream, ends with the specified characters.
• matches: The entire filename, or an entire word in the text stream, exactly matches the specified text.
• contains: The filename, or an entire word in the text stream, contains the specified text.
5. Enter the keyword(s) you are seeking into the Text Entry Area.
6. Click the “+” button and enter Multiple Search Criteria to add additional parameters to a search.
Open or Show the File by Right-Clicking the Filename:
Right-Click on a filename in the Search Results and a popup menu will offer two choices:
• Open will attempt to open the file in the latest version of InDesign installed on your computer. This opens the InDesign CS6 file without showing where the highlighted word or phrase is located.
• Show in Finder will reveal your InDesign file in a standard Finder window.
Show the Search Term in the Document or Copy Text by Right-Clicking on Highlighted Text:
Right-Click on a highlighted word or phrase and a popup menu will offer two choices:
• Show Selection in Document will attempt to open the file in the latest version of InDesign installed on your computer. This will open the InDesign file and actually highlight the same text you have highlighted in PageZephyr Search. This allows you to see the text in context within the InDesign document.
• Copy will copy the highlighted text to your clipboard so it is available to paste into other applications.
Search InDesign files for Creative Suite (and Creative Cloud) workflows with PageZephyr Search. This video shows you how to use this handy content search application:
How to Search InDesign CS6 Files via
PageZephyr Search Mac
PageZephyr Search can find your search terms in InDesign CS6 documents.
Find relevant text with a simple content search! PageZephyr Search Mac can search InDesign CS6 files and more, to locate valuable content for your DTP usage.
This content search tool allows people to find keywords. You can open INDD documents containing the search term, if the InDesign version that opens that file is loaded.
PageZephyr Search Mac:
- Indexes content in Apple Macintosh storage volumes with Spotlight enabled.
- Supports InDesign CS through InDesign CC files.
- Goes to the highlighted search term in InDesign for context awareness.
You can buy Markzware’s content search application to search InDesign CS6 or CC files, via the PageZephyr Search page. See more desktop publishing (DTP) software for creative professionals, on the Markzware Products page.
How did this search solution help you to search InDesign CS6 files? Please comment below to let us know. Also, feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and interact with Markzware on
How to Search InDesign CS6 Files via PageZephyr Search Mac