Note: PageZephyr and PageZephyr Search have been DISCONTINUED. Please see our Products page for current Markzware offerings. Markzware also has ID Util, which can help you to view Adobe InDesign stories.
Do you have volumes of InDesign files and need to find specific information within that content? Markzware offers PageZephyr Search Mac, a stand-alone content search application that allows users to search InDesign text content in INDD documents and to view the text. With an appropriate InDesign version loaded, users can open documents in InDesign or copy and paste text into a text editor or program.
Content Search to Search InDesign CC or InDesign CS
PageZephyr Search Mac:
- Indexes content easily within Apple Macintosh storage volumes that have Spotlight enabled.
- Supports InDesign CS through InDesign CC files.
- Goes to the highlighted search term in InDesign for context awareness.
- Does not require Adobe InDesign to be installed or running.
Whether or not the Adobe InDesign program, itself, is present, users can search the text content of InDesign files located in Spotlight-indexable local volumes, and then display that text. This video shows you how to search InDesign files in Adobe Creative Suite or Creative Cloud INDD file formats with this user-friendly, content search application:
How to Search InDesign CC/CS via PageZephyr Search
Markzware PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CS through InDesign CC
Quickly find relevant content with Markzware’s content search application. PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CC, search InDesign CS6 and more, to find valuable content for your usage.
How to Do a Content Search with PageZephyr Search Mac:
- Type in the word you’re looking for.
- Hit Enter. (You’ll see a list of files on the left and the text within the highlighted file on the right.)
- To see the word in context, right click “Show Selection in Document”. (If you have an appropriate version of InDesign loaded, it’ll highlight that word and show you where it is in the document.)
- To Copy and Paste the text out, you can either click and drag to select text, or hit Command-A (Select All), and do Copy. (That will copy the text to your clipboard, which makes it available for
use in other applications.)
PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CC or CS files for Mac OS 10.7 or higher, as well as under Mavericks (10.9). You can purchase this content search application as a perpetual license model for $49.99 via the PageZephyr Search page. See more desktop publishing (DTP) software on the Markzware Products page.
How has this content search application helped your DTP workflow? Please comment below to let us know. Also, feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and interact with Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Search InDesign CC or search InDesign CS, using PageZephyr Search for content search!