Note: PageZephyr and PageZephyr Search have been DISCONTINUED. Please see our Products page for current Markzware offerings. Markzware also has ID Util, which can help you to view Adobe InDesign stories.
Search InDesign CC or CS in INDD files with a content search application by Markzware. Search InDesign files for graphic design in Adobe Creative Suite and Creative Cloud workflows:
PageZephyr Search Mac is a stand-alone application from Markzware that allows users to search InDesign text content in INDD documents and to view the text. Users can search the text content of InDesign files (with or without the InDesign program present) located in Spotlight-indexable local volumes, and then display that text. Users can open documents in InDesign (with an appropriate InDesign version loaded) or copy and paste text into a text editor.
- Index content within Apple Macintosh storage volumes that have Spotlight enabled.
- Find specific text in InDesign CS through InDesign CC files.
- See the highlighted search term in InDesign for context awareness.
- Search INDD files without Adobe InDesign installed or running.
How to Search InDesign CC in INDD Files
Markzware PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CC or InDesign CS file formats
Find relevant content with a content search via Markzware’s content search application. PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CC, search InDesign CS6 and more, to find valuable information for your usage.
How to Content Search in INDD Files with PageZephyr Search Mac:
- Type in the word you’re looking for into the search field.
- Hit Enter. (You’ll see a list of files on the left and the text within the highlighted file on the right.)
- To see the word in context, right click “Show Selection in Document”. (If you have an appropriate version of InDesign loaded, it’ll highlight that word and show you where it is in the document.)
- To Copy and Paste the text out, you can either click and drag to select text, or hit Command-A (Select All), and select Copy. (That will copy the text to your clipboard, which makes it available for use in other applications.)
PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CC or CS native files for Mac OS 10.7 or higher, as well as under Mavericks (10.9). You can buy this content search application as a perpetual license model via the PageZephyr Search page. See more desktop publishing (DTP) software for creative professionals at the Products page.
Has this content search application helped your DTP workflow to search INDD files? Please comment below to let us know. Also, feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and interact with Markzware on:
Search InDesign CC in INDD Files with PageZephyr Search Mac!