Note: PageZephyr and PageZephyr Search have been DISCONTINUED. Please see our Products page for current Markzware offerings. Markzware also has ID Util, which can help you to view Adobe InDesign stories.
Search InDesign with content search application, Markzware PageZephyr Search, to find valuable content in INDD documents (Adobe Creative Suite or Creative Cloud):
PageZephyr Search Mac is a stand-alone application from Markzware. This content search application:
- Supports InDesign CS through InDesign CC native files, yet does not require Adobe InDesign to be installed. If an appropriate InDesign version is loaded, users can open documents in InDesign or copy and paste text into a preferred text editor or program.
- Indexes content easily within Apple Macintosh storage volumes that have Spotlight enabled.
- Enables users to search InDesign for text content in INDD documents, located in Spotlight-indexable local volumes, and to view the text.
- Goes to the highlighted search term in InDesign for context awareness.
Search InDesign via Content Search with PageZephyr Search
Search InDesign CS through InDesign CC, using
Markzware’s content search application
How to Search InDesign with a Content Search, using PageZephyr Search:
- Type in the word you’re looking for.
- Hit Enter. (You’ll see a list of files on the left and the text within the highlighted file on the right.)
- To see the word in context, right click “Show Selection in Document”. (If you have an appropriate version of InDesign loaded, it’ll highlight that word and show you where it is in the document.)
- To Copy and Paste the text out, you can either click and drag to select text, or hit Command-A (Select All), and do Copy. (That will copy the text to your clipboard, which makes it available for use in other applications.)
Search InDesign, including native files in CS through CC versions for Mac OS 10.7 or higher, as well as under Mavericks (10.9). Find relevant content fast, with a content search, by using Markzware’s content search application. PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CC, search InDesign CS6 and more, to find and make use of your valuable content.
You can purchase PageZephyr Search as a perpetual license model for $49.99 via the PageZephyr Search page. Please visit the Markzware Products page to see more desktop publishing (DTP) software for creative professionals.
Have you tried the content search application, PageZephyr Search, to search InDesign files in your DTP workflow? Please tell us your story in the comment section below. Also, feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and follow Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Search InDesign via content search with PageZephyr Search!