Note: PageZephyr and PageZephyr Search have been DISCONTINUED. Please see our Products page for current Markzware offerings. Markzware also has ID Util, which can help you to view Adobe InDesign stories.
PageZephyr Search is search software from Markzware that allows users to find keywords in InDesign files. You can open the document in InDesign or copy out the text. You can search through INDD files on Spotlight-indexed volumes to find keywords. The found keywords are highlighted in the search results. You can also copy and paste text out of PageZephyr Search in plain text format (TXT).
PageZephyr Search can:
- read InDesign CS through InDesign CC Mac or Windows file formats.
- archive old and new Adobe InDesign files.
- search the text of archived InDesign files for specific words (customer name, product name, keyword, etc.)
- copy text content out of InDesign native files, without installing InDesign.
- search an InDesign file archive for a specific word. (With InDesign installed, open the InDesign file and be taken to the found word.)
Search InDesign files for Adobe Creative Cloud INDD workflows with Markzware’s content search application. Check out this video to find out how:
Search InDesign Creative Cloud via
PageZephyr Search Mac
PageZephyr Search can find your chosen keywords in InDesign CC and more.
How to Content Search with PageZephyr Search Mac:
- Type in the word you’re seeking.
- Hit Enter. (You’ll see a list of files on the left and the text within the highlighted file on the right.)
- To see the word in context, right click “Show Selection in Document”. (If you have an appropriate version of InDesign loaded, it’ll highlight that word and show you where it is in the document.)
- To Copy and Paste the text out, you can either click and drag to select text, or hit Command-A (Select All), and select Copy. (That will copy the text to your clipboard, which makes it available for use in other applications.)
PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CC or CS files for Mac OS 10.7 or higher (and under Mavericks 10.9). You can buy this content search application via the PageZephyr Search page. See more desktop publishing (DTP) software for creative professionals on the Markzware Products page.
How has this search solution helped your workflow to search InDesign files? Please share your experience, by commenting below. Feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and join Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Search InDesign Creative Cloud via PageZephyr Search Mac