Import QuarkXPress into InDesign, by using Adobe CC plugin, Q2ID. Many graphic designers, publishers, printers and other professionals are switching from QuarkXPress to InDesign, due to preference, vendor requirements, etc. If you have a QXP document, you have the option of completely rebuilding the document from scratch in InDesign, or you can just use Q2ID to convert the QuarkXPress document and open it in InDesign, using File > Open:
An Adobe CC plugin to convert QuarkXPress to InDesign (Adobe Creative Suite and Creative Cloud) is available from Markzware. Move content from QuarkXPress to Adobe InDesign CC, as well as InDesign CS5, CS5.5 and CS6 with an Adobe plugin from Markzware’s Q2ID Bundle Subscription, to open QuarkXPress content within Adobe InDesign.
Convert QuarkXPress to InDesign with Adobe Plugin, Q2ID
QuarkXPress has changed, and Markzware has accordingly developed Q2ID conversion software to convert QuarkXPress. Markzware’s Adobe CC plugin, Q2ID (Quark to InDesign) lets users convert QuarkXPress to InDesign CC, including text and images created in all versions of QuarkXPress.
Q2ID Plugin Installation
Once installed, Markzware Q2ID enables you to open even new versions of QuarkXPress files, while refining the file conversion of all versions of QXP documents. Q2ID’s data conversion resolves type style for correct text size and position, correctly converts transformed graphics, without changing position or size. Some reflowed text may occur, but Q2ID eliminates most of the tweaking required after file conversion. Q2ID conversion software makes this file conversion easy, as shown in this video:
Adobe Plugin to Convert QuarkXPress to InDesign
Convert QuarkXPress to InDesign with Q2ID, an Adobe InDesign plugin from Markzware
Properly Create Files
- Make sure the source file is properly created.
- In QuarkXPress, update all pictures and make all needed fonts active.
- Save a PDF of the file for comparison to check the file conversion for line breaks and art position.
- Save and close the QuarkXPress file.
Check Your File
- In InDesign, select File > Open and choose the QuarkXPress file.
- Create a new layer, and place the PDF you saved.
- For a multipage PDF, click the import dialog box for “Show Import Options”. Select the Crop option for “Trim” and position the placed PDFs at each page’s top left corner. To accurately check position of the converted file’s text and graphics, check the Transform proxy to ensure the PDF is at the 0,0 point.
Install Adobe CC Plugin to Import QuarkXPress into InDesign, Q2ID
Check File Conversion Results
- Toggle visibility of the layer created to hold the PDF pages, and see what is different from the source file. For a detailed look, select View > Display Performance > High Quality Display.
- Edit undesirable line breaks and text reflow.
- Check the Preview by using View > Screen Mode > Preview (or press “W” on your keyboard) to check for nonprinting objects, which are not visible in Preview mode.
- Check text wrap: Regardless of stacking order, InDesign allows objects to generate text wrap, but Quark restricts text wrap to objects under text.
- Tweak the positions and scale of graphics as needed.
Refine the Converted File before Using as a Template
- Choose File > Export, and select InDesign Interchange for the format, whereupon InDesign will create a .INX file.
- Close your converted file, then open the .INX file.
- Select File > Save As, and, if you want to base future documents on this file, choose InDesign Template for the format, whereupon InDesign will create a .indt file; otherwise, save it as a regular InDesign file.
Adobe CC plugin, Q2ID, can easily convert Quark to InDesign and can be purchased via the Q2ID page. The Q2ID Bundle Subscription includes plugins for InDesign CC (Creative Cloud), InDesign CS6, InDesign CS5.5, and InDesign CS5 (Adobe Creative Suite), for both the Macintosh and Windows platforms.The subscription includes access to all of these plugins, plus free updates throughout the subscription term. Get Q2ID today and get your QXP content into INDD.
How has the Q2ID InDesign plugin helped your DTP workflow to convert QuarkXPress to Adobe InDesign files? Comment below to let us know. You can also subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List and follow Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Adobe CC Plugin to Import QuarkXPress into InDesign, Q2ID: Convert QuarkXPress to InDesign CC with Markzware Q2ID Adobe CC plugin to import QuarkXPress into InDesign files for Adobe Creative Cloud INDD workflows!