Convert QuarkXPress to InDesign CC with Adobe CC plugins
Markzware provides Adobe plugins for Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud graphic software, used by creative professionals for graphic design. Supported file types include Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC, PDF, and InDesign CC, CS6, CS5.5, and CS5. In this how-to, learn about InDesign plugins and how to convert QuarkXPress to InDesign CC (INDD) with InDesign CC plugins:
What are Adobe CC Plugins?
Adobe CC plugins are software programs developed by Adobe and other software developers, to add features to graphic software from Adobe Creative Cloud. Most InDesign CC features are provided by InDesign CC plugins.
How to Access Adobe CC Plugins:
- On a Mac, in the “Applications” folder, you can access the “Adobe InDesign CC” folder.
- Among other folders inside the Adobe InDesign CC folder is the “Plug-Ins” folder.
- Click the Plug-Ins folder, click the CC plugins folder.
- You can purchase InDesign CC plugins that can add features and functions to Adobe InDesign, without bugging Adobe themselves. Q2ID (Quark to InDesign) conversion software is a perfect example of an Adobe InDesign CC plugin. You can buy Q2ID now and install Adobe CC plugins and access them within the Adobe InDesign CC plugins folder.
Markzware is a third-party developer who makes several InDesign plugins and other desktop publishing (DTP) applications, which support InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and PDF for Adobe Creative Suite, and Creative Cloud, as well as support QuarkXPress, Microsoft Publisher, and several other DTP file types.
Adobe CC plugins, Q2ID for InDesign CC Mac and Q2ID for InDesign CC Win, can import QuarkXPress files into InDesign CC. Data conversion with these Adobe CC plugins will actually open QuarkXPress files (QXP) within InDesign (INDD). This video shows you how to convert QuarkXPress to InDesign CC, using Adobe CC plugins:
How to Convert QuarkPress to InDesign with Q2ID
Markzware Q2ID can convert QuarkXPress to InDesign CC, with fonts,
colors, images, and more
How to Install Adobe CC Plugins
Adobe CC plugins will have the file extension “.InDesignPlugin”. You can add Q2ID to your InDesign folder, within the Plugins, and then the “Filters” folder. To install the plugin, use the installer from third-party developer, Markzware. Here is how to install the Adobe InDesign CC plugins in Q2ID on a Mac:
- After you download Markzware Q2ID, decompress the zip file.
- On most Macs, you can simply double-click on the Q2ID zip file, and this will produce a folder.
- Double-click on the folder that appears after you double-clicked the zip file. (The Q2ID Installer will appear.)
- Double-click the Setup CC icon to install Q2ID. (A Mac system may warn you that you are trying to run an application downloaded from the internet.)
- Click the Open button to open the Setup CC Installer application. (The Setup CC icon will appear, bouncing in your Dock.)
- Click on the bouncing Setup CC icon to continue installing Q2ID.
- Click Install.
- If the Setup CC program cannot locate your Adobe InDesign, the Choose a Folder option will appear, and you can select the InDesign folder manually.
- Enter your User Name and Password and click the OK button, so Q2ID can add items to your Applications folder.
- After the Q2ID for InDesign CC plugin has been installed, click OK to close the confirmation screen.
How to Access Adobe CC Plugins
Within the “Plugins” folder, go into “Filters”, where there are several plugins with the “.InDesignPlugin” extension. One of those plugins should be the conversion software you just installed from Markzware, the Q2ID for InDesign CC plugin. This InDesign plugin will now appear within your Adobe InDesign CC application.
Within InDesign CC, the location of InDesign CC plugins depends on the software developer or manufacturer. Markzware built InDesign CC plugins to work in the background within InDesign. In Q2ID, there is a “Markzware” menu item in the InDesign menu. You can see that InDesign CC plugin, Q2ID, shows up within InDesign.
InDesign CC plugins can help you enhance Adobe InDesign incredibly. Q2ID saves time and money when you convert QuarkXPress to InDesign. Data conversion with these conversion tools can provide a ROI of over 1,000%! You can purchase the bundle subscription that includes Adobe CC plugins and CS5-6 plugins, by visiting the Q2ID page. Additional data conversion software is available via the Markzware Products page.
Convert QuarkXPress to InDesign with Adobe CC plugins!