Bad File Recovery Troubleshooting
Markzware provides a file recovery service for bad Adobe InDesign or bad Quark files.
Some errors message that you might have received that indicate a file is corrupt include:
error code 4, error code 5, error code 6, database error, bad file format -39, cannot open file, and others.
Help, how can I get Markzware my bad InDesign file or crashing Quark project?
- Step 1: Pay the small Bad File in-take fee of $/€19.00
- Step 2: Fill in and Bad File Submission Form (will get link after Step 1)
- Step 3: Compress ONLY the bad InDesign or Quark file and submit with form (no fonts and images required)
- Step 4: Markzware will get back to you, generally within a hour or two**
- Step 5: If recovered, pay the FixedFileFee after 1st reviewing the file (see below)
The way it works is that first, we require a one-time, small, in-take fee of 19.00 ($/€)
for us to handle and process your bad DTP file.
The in-Take fee for your corrupt InDesign files or bad Quark documents is a small, non-refundable fee.
Click here to pay and send your bad InDesign or Quark files to us:
Markzware InDesign or QuarkXPress File Recovery In-Take Fee – InTakeFee
You will then be given a link to the Bad File Submission form, where you can give details of the situation and upload your crashing Adobe InDesign, or Quark XPress file.
FIXED INDESIGN FEES -
no-cure, no-pay additional charges only when recovery is successful
Additional Payment is due upon a *successful recovery and after Markzware has notified you by email. Billing instructions will be included with a link to our secure online store (credit card required). The fixed file fee is based on the file size of your original bad InDesign file, before you compress it for delivery.
If 50% or more of your bad InDesign file is recoverable (or if you use what has been recovered), then you will be required to pay further for the recovery, based on the size of your original corrupt InDesign layout. These fee’s are:
- $/€ 99 (0-100 MB)
- $/€ 129 (101-200 MB)
- $/€ 149 (201-500 MB)
- $/€ 199 (500 MB – 1 GB)
For bad DTP files larger than 1GB, please contact Markzware on email@example.com to get more details on the Markzware File Recovry Service.
Please Note – Markzware does not require used corrupt InDesign or QuarkXPress
fonts and images in order to recover InDesign or Quark files. You can speed up delivery
of your file by NOT including fonts and images, as these can drastically increase the size
of the ftp archive you send to Markzware.
Markzware will notify you of progress and the FTP site location to download your fixed
corrupt InDesign file, or QuarkXPress file.
* Recovery of 50% of the document ** The Markzware Bad File Recovery Service is handled by recovery technicians at Markzware's European office. They do work late into the evening and generally you will get your file back or further information within an hour or two. If it is really after-hours or weekends, it may of course take up to 12 hours for service. Weekend service is possible.
Read here about Markzware File Recovery success stories from other InDesign users.