This page contains links to movies
Here’s a few movies showing OmniMarkz in action
OmniMarkz is a standalone application for Apple’s macOS 10.12 and higher that can open and preview native InDesign files (.indd, .indt), native QuarkXPress files (.qxp, .qxd files) and PDF files, it then converts these files to different formats, but mainly converts all three of these file formats to IDML, all without InDesign, QuarkXPress or Acrobat being loaded on your computer. OmniMarkz also has some handy desktop workflow features built in so you can open the converted InDesign, QuarkXPress or PDF file in other applications you may use in your everyday workflow. Since OmniMarkz handles multiple types of input, it is also a way to convert InDesign files to QuarkXPress , convert QuarkXPress files to InDesign, convert PDF files to InDesign and convert InDesign, QuarkXPress and PDF files to Affinity Publisher.
Following are some of the features OmniMarkz will add to your digital toolbox -
- An Inventory Section which is like a light preflight overview of your open document
- Accepts InDesign, QuarkXPress, Illustrator and PDF files as input (OmniMarkz is a combination of IDMarkz, QXPMarkz and PDFMarkz in a single application)
- Ability to open an IDML version of your file in QuarkXPress (QXP 2017 and later), InDesign (CS4 and later), or Affinity Publisher (1.8 and later)
- The ability to export your file as IDML, PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG or GIF
- Ability to open multiple files at one time
- Ability to select an application to open your converted file, either manually or as a more permanent workflow feature.
- Exported PDFs have editable text (unless text in the original PDF was created using placed bitmap images)
- Ability to extract the text out of your file and save it in Plain Text, RTF or HTML formats (unless original text was a placed bitmap image, or text was converted to curves)
- Ability to export reports in five different formats (HTML, JSON, RTF, TXT AND XML)
- Ability to add your own notes to images, fonts and colors. These notes show up in the Reports.