PDFMarkz is a standalone application currently available for macOS 10.12 and higher.
PDFMarkz converts PDF files to several different formats, but mainly too IDML. This allows you to convert you single or multipage PDF files to InDesign, Quark or Affinity Publisher. In addition, PDFMarkz can extract the text and images out of your PDF files.
Here’s a link to a movie showing how to extract images out of your PDF file. Once extracted you can re-use them in other projects you are working on.
The steps below are different than the movie, but if followed show a few different features than the movie.
- Download PDFMarkz
- Install PDFMarkz (download the .dmg file, double-click the .dmg and then drag-and-drop the PDFMarkz application into your Applications folder)
- Activate PDFMarkz
- Register PDFMarkz
- Use Command-O or Drag a file onto the window to open a file
- Use Command – +/- to Zoom in and out of the preview
- Use Command-0 to zoom preview back to full page
- Command-I to toggle the Inspector Panel on or off and see an overview of the fonts, colors and other document attributes.
- Click on Export and select PNG to export the entire document as a series of PNG files, one PNG image per page
- Click on Open in InDesign to open and IDML version of your PDF file in InDesign (a PDF to InDesign conversion path designed as a replacement for Markzware’s PDF2DTP Plug-Ins)