Open the Preferences Window and click on Automation
- Under the “On Document Open: Export” area select IDML
- Pick a path where you want the IDML file to be saved
- Under the “On Export” section select “Open in Default Application” and then underneath that select “Always open IDML in” and select InDesign CC 2020 (You need to manually select InDesign CC 2020). Or, you can select another version of InDesign as long as it is CS4 or later.
- Also, make sure you uncheck the “Show in Finder” checkbox
- Make sure and select the “Close Document” checkbox
Now whenever you open a Quark file in QXPMarkz, the file will automatically be converted to IDML and then opened in InDesign.
Thanks for your feedback.