It is important to check image resolution before you print your images. Graphic designers should review items (images, color, fonts, layout, text, effects, etc.), before packaging. A good print workflow will include checks to ensure print quality control.
To reduce the risk of poor print quality, you can preflight with Markzware‘s pre press software, FlightCheck. Users and their clients have assurance of thorough preflighting and packaging for the print job.
Examples of Differences in Image Resolution:
When you check image resolution for printing, it can help to consider whether images:
• have proper image resolution.
• are compressed.
• have unnecessary cropping.
• are rasterized.
• fit within their frames.
If a print workflow neglects to correct improper image resolution, it can result in delays or poor quality. Don’t overlook important print items and costly errors! Preflight with FlightCheck. Here is a video demonstration:
Check Image Resolution and more for Printing: FlightCheck Preflight Solution
FlightCheck can warn you of low image resolution and other printing problems.
How to Check Image Resolution for Printing via
FlightCheck Preflight Solution (basic overview):
- Install and activate FlightCheck preflight software.
- Click on your preferred checkboxes in FlightCheck’s Images Preferences and Ground Controls.
- Set Ground Control items to Off, Warning, or Error, depending on the needs of your print workflow.
- Drag and drop your file onto the FlightCheck icon to begin the preflighting process.
- FlightCheck will alert you to the potential file problems that you specified.
FlightCheck Images Preferences:
FlightCheck Images Ground Controls:
Preflighting saves materials and avoids additional print runs. FlightCheck can also provide a preflight report as “proof of proofing”.
- Postscript Files
- and many more
How has this pre press software helped your print workflow to check image resolution for printing? Please comment below to let us know. Also, feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and interact with Markzware on
Check Image Resolution for Printing: FlightCheck Preflight Solution