Markzware‘s preflight software, FlightCheck, can check numerous file types for print quality, including Adobe InDesign for Creative Suite and Creative Cloud. Markzware provides print workflow solutions to the global printing, publishing and graphic arts industries.
FlightCheck is stand-alone prepress software that simplifies preflighting for advertising, design, publishing and other workflows for print. The following video and steps show you how to preflight InDesign files and find document issues in advance of the printing press stage.
How to Check InDesign for
Print Quality Control via
Pre Press Software
Markzware’s FlightCheck can preflight Adobe InDesign
(INDD) files, to locate printing problems before they happen.
There are various preflighting tools out there, but FlightCheck offers many advantages. Among other things, it:
• checks all of your chosen items in a comprehensive preflight checklist.
• allows staff to collaborate on tasks, by consolidating the print job files into one folder, avoiding repeat work.
• avoids the expenses associated with correcting print file issues.
In one comprehensive package, you can customize preferences to check print documents and streamline complex preflighting tasks. Users can improve future preflight checklists by making selections based on the workflow’s preflight report needs.
How to Check InDesign for Print Quality Control with FlightCheck (overview):
- Install and activate FlightCheck preflight software.
- Click on your preferred checkboxes in FlightCheck’s Preferences and Ground Controls. (These give FlightCheck details on items to check.)
- Set Ground Control items to Off, Warning, or Error, depending on the needs of your print workflow.
- Drag and drop your file onto the FlightCheck icon to begin the preflighting process.
- FlightCheck will alert you to the potential printing problems that you specified.
FlightCheck‘s user interface displays several helpful features to customize preflighting, with the Ground Controls. It can also eliminate repeat test prints, which saves time and money.
FlightCheck’s File Info Section to Check InDesign for Print Quality Control:
FlightCheck’s preflight checklist makes it simple to select what specific items, under general document area categories, you want it to check. This means more productivity, less rework and more profitability.
Markzware‘s FlightCheck offers such key features as:
• batch preflighting to check multiple files in one preflighting session.
• support for PDF, INDD, PSD, and other print file types.
• customizable Ground Controls.
• file collection to package InDesign files into one print job folder.
• detailed, custom preflight reporting, with alerts and warnings.
• installation via the Applications folder.
• support for InDesign CC 2015 and other print file types.
FlightCheck allows flexibility to suit your particular workflow. It’s adaptability is seamless and easy to integrate. It can handle preflighting for printing quality of both PDF and non-PDF documents.
FlightCheck can preflight a myriad of file formats, including:
• Adobe Acrobat (PDF)
• Corel CorelDRAW (CDR)
• Adobe FrameMaker (MIF)
• Adobe FreeHand (FH)
• Adobe Illustrator (AI)
• Adobe InDesign (INDD)
• Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT)
• Microsoft Publisher (PUB)
• Microsoft Word (DOC)
• Adobe PageMaker (PMD)
• Adobe Photoshop (PSD)
• Adobe Postscript Files (PS)
• Quark QuarkXPress (QXP)
FlightCheck makes the print workflow more efficient and productive, by locating file problems. It enhances branding by reinforcing the association of your organization with high quality.
Some document items that FlightCheck can inspect include:
• image resolution
• ink density
• spot colors
• font size
FlightCheck provides a preflight report to help direct you to potential printing problems, for repair. By using time-saving features, FlightCheck enables you to speed up your workflow.
For more information on Markzware‘s pre press software to check digital files for print quality control, see the FlightCheck page. For more desktop publishing (DTP) and printing solutions, see the Markzware Products page.
How did this preflight solution help your print workflow to check InDesign for print quality control? Comment below to let us know. Also, feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and interact with Markzware on
How to Check InDesign for Print Quality Control via Pre Press Software