Built-in preflighting and inferior preflight solutions do not prevent all output errors. Markzware’s FlightCheck has features to preflight InDesign and package InDesign files, to assist with print quality management and collaboration. The steps and video in this article will walk you through the process.
Markzware makes professional-grade printing solutions, including software for users with or without access to Creative Cloud. FlightCheck is a stand-alone application to preflight Adobe InDesign, package fonts, and much more, to help print workflow teams.
- Install and activate FlightCheck preflight software.
- Click on your preferred checkboxes in FlightCheck’s Preferences and Ground Controls.
- Set Ground Control items to Off, Warning, or Error, per your print workflow needs.
- Drag and drop your Adobe InDesign file onto the FlightCheck icon, to begin the preflighting process.
- FlightCheck will alert you to the potential printing problems that you specified.
- In the Collect menu, select Collect Job.
- Choose an option, such as to collect or package InDesign, package fonts and images, required plug-ins, etc.
- You can also compress the job, which is useful for teamwork.
- Click Collect, and FlightCheck will collect files for the entire job into a ZIP file. You’ll get a “FlightCheck approved” icon for the job files. When the collected job file is decompressed, there will be a folder with all used fonts and used images, a preflight report, and the InDesign file.
With industry leader Markzware behind industry standard FlightCheck, users have a reliable way to check InDesign and package files. With a preflight process, users can identify file problems and take immediate corrective action.
There are numerous advantages to using Markzware’s preflight software. FlightCheck:
• offers an extensive preflight checklist to help you through the preflight process.
• enables team members to complete tasks and update the print job folder in real time, preventing duplicate and repeat work.
• increases profitability.
• allows you to customize your document inspection with flexible Preferences and Ground Controls.
• relieves the workflow of a tedious visual check, by automating the preflight process.
• can check both PDF and non-PDF documents, for printing quality.
• smoothes the print workflow, by catching errors before they become bigger problems, enabling increased productivity.
• checks a list of important preflight checkpoints for print quality control.
• provides a detailed preflight report that you can use for proof of preflight, task completion, etc.
• is a product by Markzware, leading publisher of preflight technology for print quality assurance.
• enables the workflow to speed up, by using time-saving features.
FlightCheck gives you print job information in a preflight report. You can take action, to ensure that your print products will meet and exceed client expectations.
You can perform file collection when you preflight Adobe INDD files, by using FlightCheck. Learn how, as this video demonstrates:
How to Collect Files, Package InDesign:
FlightCheck Pre Press Software
Markzware’s FlightCheck collects files, to package fonts, images, INDD files and more, for sharing.
FlightCheck offers such key features as:
• support for PDF, INDD, PSD, AI, QXP, PostScript, EPS, TIFF, and other file types.
• customizable Ground Controls.
• file collection to package fonts/InDesign/Illustrator into one print job folder.
• detailed, custom preflight report with alerts and warnings.
• batch preflighting to check multiple files in one preflighting session.
Is your team duplicating prepress tasks? Are your presses printing mistakes that require additional press runs to correct? Then, your workflow should consider using Markzware’s preflight and packaging software.
FlightCheck can help you to check document areas, including:
• image resolution
• ink density
• page size
Give your team the capability to capture and share print file data, today! You can buy this preflight solution, via the FlightCheck page. See more desktop publishing software and printing solutions for DTP, on the Markzware Products page.
Did this pre press software help your print workflow to collect files and package InDesign? Please comment below. You can subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and socialize with Markzware on
How to Collect Files, Package InDesign: FlightCheck Pre Press Software