Whether producing catalogs, magazines, newspapers, or other documents, printers often run into printing problems. These problems can be due to design issues in an Adobe Creative Suite file. With Markzware’s FlightCheck, prepress professionals can check Adobe CS files, to maintain print quality control.
Markzware products often receive endorsements from print industry members who use Creative Suite documents. FlightCheck is pre press software from Markzware that can preflight Adobe CS files and many more file types. Read on to learn how.
How to Preflight Adobe CS Print Quality via
Pre Press Software
FlightCheck can inspect Adobe InDesign CS, Photoshop CS,
Illustrator CS, and more, to help check quality, before you print.
There are numerous advantages to using Markzware’s preflight software, FlightCheck:
• examines a list of essential print checkpoints, to ensure that the workflow does not overlook them.
• simplifies collaboration and sharing the print job with team members, customers, vendors, printers, etc.
• saves materials, by reducing the risk of costly reprints.
• can check both PDF and non-PDF documents, for printing quality.
• lets you select inspection points to suit your workflow.
• is much less fatiguing than conducting an exhausting visual check.
• increases/optimizes productivity by handling many files during a single preflight.
• allows building of customer base, due to marketability of quality print products.
• informs you of results on the testing of issues with transparency, bleed, spot colors, and more.
• expands the list of capabilities or services that you can offer to customers.
• saves preflight, prepress and print process time, with built-in preflight checklist selections.
FlightCheck’s drag-and-drop interface gives you an easy way to preflight, without the troubles associated with other methods. The resulting preflight report can notify you of print details that fail your workflow’s print quality requirements.
How to Preflight Adobe CS for Print Quality, using FlightCheck (basic steps):
- Install and activate FlightCheck preflight software by Markzware.
- Click on your preferred checkboxes in FlightCheck’s Preferences and Ground Controls. (These give FlightCheck details on items to check.)
- Set Ground Control items to Off, Warning, or Error, depending on the needs of your print workflow.
- Drag and drop your file onto the FlightCheck icon to begin the preflighting process.
- FlightCheck will alert you to the potential printing problems that you specified.
FlightCheck’ s built-in tools for print quality control can help you to detect errors early in the workflow. It helps to notify you, if there are potential printing problems with your document, so that you can make corrections.
FlightCheck’s features include:
• bulk preflighting, for checking several files in one session.
• support for AI, QXP, PDF, and other DTP file types.
• Ground Controls that are customizable.
• collecting files to package fonts and other Adobe CS files into one print job folder.
• generation of alerts and warnings in a detailed, custom preflight report.
• stand-alone preflight ability.
Preflighting can help the print workflow to increase efficiency and production of quality print products. FlightCheck handles preflighting for all common image and print file types.
FlightCheck can check a multitude of file formats, including:
• Acrobat PDF
• and more.
Operators can view alerts and locations of possible file problems found by FlightCheck, right on the desktop. Users can take the opportunity to make corrections before running the job on the press. This helps to eliminate the need for repeat press runs.
Some document items that FlightCheck can inspect include:
• font size
• ink density
• spot colors
• image resolution
• and more
Results Window in FlightCheck, Pre Press Software to
Preflight Adobe CS Print Quality via Pre Press Software:
FlightCheck will collect files to package fonts and other files into one folder. With a central folder, team members can view and share the most current print job files, including the preflight report. This also helps to avoid work duplication.
Did this preflight solution help you to preflight Adobe CS print quality? Please comment below. You can subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and post with Markzware on
How to Preflight Adobe CS Print Quality via Pre Press Software