FlightCheck 2022 Package IDML Feature
In this tutorial, we will show you how to create an IDML out of FlightCheck 2022. That means you can create an IDML from QuarkXPress, PDF, Illustrator, or even InDesign. This does require one of our Markz-Line conversion products, which many of you will own. The one-click process works via the Package feature, in which we have a separate how-to video here.
Creating an IDML from FlightCheck 2022 is simple. It takes just seconds. Below are the easy instructions or a full video to walk you through the process is also available.
Not sure what an IDML is? Learn more here: “InDesign Markup Language“
You access the Package feature in the upper right-hand corner of the FlightCheck 2022 interface when a job is preflighted.
Instructions (Package IDML in FlightCheck)
- Open or Preflight page layout in FlightCheck.
- Click the Package icon in the upper right part of the screen.
- Under “Package Options” and the “Documents” section, click ON the check-box where your filename.idml is listed.
- Check on or off other options like included linked files, fonts, etc.
- Click the “Package” button in the lower right-hand corner of the Package window.
- Your collected job will be packaged in the desired location and there you can retrieve the associated IDML file from your page layout.