As we all know around here, preflighting is one of the pillars of success in a print workflow. How on earth does a designer, marketing department or print-buyer expect to understand the technical ins-and-outs of their often complicated, yet extremely expensive documents, if they do not administer an electronic quality assurance check or preflight? Preflight, coupled with communication and a good proofing process will lead to a successful virtual printer download output and final printed piece. Furthermore, I know many a creative graphic designer who cover themselves with their preflight report as a form of “evidence” to be emailed to the printer if unexpected results appear.
Markzware’s FlightCheck can preflight 50+ document types, such as PDF, Adobe InDesign file format, Illustrator print layout program, QuarkXPress projects and numerous image types like print EPS, TIF, JPG and more. You can print, save as and email detailed reports on the preflight status of virtually any of your print documents.
How to Preflight InDesign CC with Pre Press Software
Markzware FlightCheck can preflight InDesign CC, as well as package InDesign files, fonts, and images
Tips on Evaluating a Print Provider
Before firing your print provider, you may want to consider:
1. Importance to success: Would your business actually be better without your printer?
2. Vendor history: Do they always have problems or is this a unique situation?
3. Current projects: Could your projects be impacted if you fire your printer?
4. Issue resolution: Would it help if both parties honestly share and listen to both sides of the story?
5. Fairness: How would you like your customers to treat you the way you plan to treat your printer?
6. Accountability: Are you or your employees, rather than the printer, at fault?
7. Timely Job Completion: Is the job done right and on time, whether or not it is the way you’d do it?
8. Circumstances: Could something beyond your printer’s control have influenced the situation (paper delivery problems, equipment failures, etc.)?
Print customers may request a high-volume, multi-page, full color, folded print piece with a quick turnaround. Preflighting can help printers to ensure excellent printing quality, to help you achieve excellent quality, customer relationships, and service at a fair price.
FlightCheck can preflight InDesign CC to save the printer and paper, too. So, use FlightCheck for print quality control, to save money and print materials. You can purchase this preflight solution via the FlightCheck page. See more desktop publishing software and printing solutions for DTP on the Markzware Products.
How has the FlightCheck preflight solution helped your print workflow to preflight InDesign CC or other DTP file types? Comment below to let us know. Also, feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and interact with Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Pre press software to preflight InDesign CC, Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC, and more: FlightCheck!