We work and live in confusing and complex times. This is especially true for graphic designers, photographers, illustrators and other graphics professionals, who need to preflight before they print. Preflight InDesign and more during prepress with FlightCheck to ensure print quality.
To prepare a digital file and avoid printing problems, prepress checks may include:
- checking missing fonts
- checking missing images
- packaging fonts with files
- converting colors to CMYK
- ensuring accurate trapping, etc.
Preflighting digital file elements, before PDF creation, helps prevent printing problems. FlightCheck preflighting software from Markzware scans files thoroughly and provides preflight reports to warn of possible printing issues.
FlightCheck can preflight InDesign, QuarkXPress, CorelDRAW, Illustrator, PDF, Microsoft Publisher, and more files, to check for over 150 potential prepress problems and notify users. Printing pros say the best way to deal with missing fonts, improper trapping and scaling, print image problems, and other prepress problems is to prevent them from occurring in the first place. Once you preflight what needs to be checked in the native digital file, you can continue PDF creation and ensure error-free printing.
Preflight InDesign and more during Prepress with Markzware FlightCheck
FlightCheck catches prepress problems by preflighting to ensure print-ready files
Three easy preflighting tips to improve your prepress workflow:
1. Speak to your clients and provide information on what they should supply to ensure print-ready files. Consider furnishing customized preflight profiles or supplying them with FlightCheck, the preflight tool from Markzware that spots prepress problems before files are imaged to film or plate or converted to PDF format.
2. Allow enough time to review projects properly before output, and give clients enough time to fix prepress problems. Haste indeed makes waste.
3. Discuss issues such as ink density, dot gain and ink spread on the media that will be imprinted. Take these values and program them into your preflight tool to ensure that prepress guidelines are met.
Jobs submitted for print often include one or more prepress problems, such as a missing font or an RGB image in a CMYK job. That can lead to the time-consuming process of sending files back and forth between print buyer and provider, with both parties believing the other is responsible for noticing and fixing errors. FlightCheck offers the solution to preflight InDesign and many more file types.
Many print providers and service bureaus say preflighting occurs too late in the workflow. Perhaps the main advantage of preflighting is that it enables the process to begin sooner – before files leave the desktops of graphic designers. Graphic designers benefit by correcting files on their own equipment, improving turnaround times and preventing possible charges from printers. Printers benefit by receiving print-ready files that reduce downtime. Use FlightCheck by Markzware, available at the FlightCheck page, to preflight image files, then improve your print image, and, consequently, your company’s image. See more printing solutions on the Markzware Products page.
No Prepress Problems: Ensure Print Ready Files with Preflight by FlightCheck