When you are new to the pre-press sector, it is important to know that preflighting files for print quality is a major priority. A preflight solution can help both newbies and seasoned pre-press professionals to ensure top quality of the final print product.
Markzware has unique expertise in developing quality preflight software that solves prepress workflow challenges. Markzware‘s FlightCheck is a stand-alone preflight application to check print file types for quality.
How to Preflight for Print Quality Control,
Even if You’re New to Prepress
How to Preflight for Printing Quality Control during Prepress:
• Install and activate FlightCheck preflight software.
• Click on your preferred checkboxes in FlightCheck’s Preferences and Ground Controls.
• Set Ground Control items to Off, Warning, or Error, depending on the needs of your print workflow.
• Drag and drop your file onto the FlightCheck icon to begin the preflighting process.
• FlightCheck will alert you to the potential printing problems that you specified.
Markzware‘s preflight solution can increase efficiency in the print workflow, enabling document production to increase. Prepress operators can check multiple print files, in one preflighting session, to locate possible problems.
There are many advantages to using FlightCheck:
• makes it simple to preflight both PDF and non-PDF documents, to avoid risks associated with poor print quality.
• has Preferences and Ground Controls that allow you to customize your document scan and to expand the list of capabilities you can offer to customers, for increased profitability.
• helps the workflow to proceed faster, by batch preflighting several files at once and allowing team members to collaborate with a central job folder.
• informs you of issues with transparency, bleed, spot colors, etc. and provides you with a certainty that a preflight checklist has been performed before press time.
FlightCheck‘s Default Preflight Preferences Can Save Steps for
New Prepress Professionals Who Handle Print Quality Control:
Some of FlightCheck’s features include:
• customizable Ground Controls.
• installation via the Applications folder.
• detailed, custom preflight reporting, with alerts and warnings.
• batch preflighting to check multiple files in one preflighting session.
• file collection to package fonts/InDesign/Illustrator into one print job folder.
• support for several languages, including Dutch, English, French, German, and Spanish.
FlightCheck preflights a wide range of your client’s native file formats and reports on common file errors. It can launch the program in which the native file was created and take you to the error’s location.
FlightCheck can preflight a myriad of file formats, including:
• Acrobat PDF
• and more.
Preflight software can find file problems before costly mistakes occur. FlightCheck locates print issues and allows editing of the document, before it goes to print.
Some file details that FlightCheck can check include:
• font size
• ink density
• spot colors
• image resolution
Preflight catalogs, books, directories, and more, to check your page layout and specific items for print integrity. Preflighting allows prepress operators to find errors and make corrections, before printing.
Did FlightCheck help your print workflow to preflight print files during prepress? Please comment below. You can subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and post with Markzware on
How to Preflight for Print Quality Control, Even if You’re New to Prepress