Exciting news about a FlightCheck update for Markzware‘s preflight solution. See the announcement below for preflight operators who use or want to buy FlightCheck.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Markzware Releases Free Update To Popular
Preflighting Software, FlightCheck
Markzware’s FlightCheck v6.12 provides the most up-to-date enhancements for greater productivity.
September 16, 2008 — Markzware, the leading developer of preflighting, data extraction and conversion software, announced a free update for its preflight solution, FlightCheck v6.12.
“Markzware continues to provide the level of support to our customer base to ensure efficiency, flexibility and ease of use of our popular and award-winning preflighting solution,” said the public relations director of Markzware.
This new FlightCheck update will allow the user to drop folders of multiple QuarkXPress or Adobe InDesign files onto the FlightCheck icon for preflighting.
Other new enhancements include:
- Relaxed constraints on bad data to allow more files to be seen as recognized by FlightCheck
- Modified reading of Illustrator files to better handle documents with layers previously flagged as unrecognized or locked
- Improved detection of small point-size fonts in Illustrator (.ai and eps files created out of Adobe Illustrator)
- Addressed content of an image box containing an eps image with scaling applied would report the “image_name is transparent,” when no transparency had been applied
- Coordinated file creation/Modification Dates and Finder Dates
- Improved reading and detection of fonts in QuarkXPress 7 documents
- Scanning of Illustrator CS3 files improved to handle previously unrecognized files
- Improved ability to read additional QuarkXPress files
- Improved reporting of resolution data for JPEGs that use EXIF data
- Font Detection improved to now include fonts created over 10 years ago
In addition, customers can download free Markzware videos of FlightCheck preflight tutorials. You can see Markzware videos on preflight and more at MarkzwareTV.
Pricing and Availability:
The FlightCheck v6.12 update is available free of charge to all registered FlightCheck 6.x preflight users. The end user price of FlightCheck is 399. For more information, or to purchase, visit the FlightCheck page or find your local reseller in the list of Markzware resellers.
Markzware, a privately held company based in Santa Ana, California, is the leading developer of print quality assurance, data conversion and workflow solutions for the international graphic arts, printing and digital multimedia industries. Markzware B.V., located in Rijswijk, the Netherlands, is the company’s headquarters for activities in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
© 2008 Markzware. All rights reserved. Covered by U.S. Patent #5,963,641.
Mary Gay Marchese
949-756-5100, ext. 250