Markzware, is the publisher of FlightCheck and other fine products for the publishing and printing industries. Markzware is also known for supporting the PIA (Printing Industries Association) and the printing industries, including the International Printing Museum. In this spirit and in the spirit of celebrating America’s freedom (including freedom of the press), Markzware would like to share with you the following. Take advantage of your chance to observe this special occasion by experiencing the festivities and fun:
Markzware invites you to take all of your family members to the Printing Industries Association Independence Day Celebration at The Printing Museum:
PIA Independence Day Celebration
Saturday, July 3, 2010, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
The International Printing Museum
315 Torrance Blvd.
Carson CA 90745
- Make special tours of the Museum galleries.
- Be entertained in the Museum theatre by a special show titled, “Confounding Brothers: A Meetin’ of the Minds,” in which Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams amusingly review the founding of the nation. (Due to limited seating, please make reservations for the 11:30 AM and 1:30 PM performances, which are recommended for audiences of age 10 and up.)
- Print your own copy of the Declaration of Independence on Benjamin Franklin’s colonial printing press, as it was done in 1776.
- Listen to music played by docent Jack Conway on his antique calliope.
- Make your own Liberty Lantern, like the one that was used when Paul Revere made his famous midnight ride.
- Take part in gallery activities for everyone throughout the day.
- Get admission for only $10 per person or $30 per family, up to 4 family members. (Admission covers all activities plus a lunch of Freedom Dogs, American Apple Pie, and Ben Franklin’s Colonial Punch.) Click here to purchase tickets.
Be sure to mark July 3rd on your calendars! For further information, Markzware invites you to visit the Print Museum website or send an email. Remember to use Markzware FlightCheck to preflight your printing projects. Enjoy your Independence Day at The Printing Museum!
PIA Independence Day Celebration at The Printing Museum