Adding Markzware products for print, publishing or graphic arts can help your workflow to better contribute to your organization’s profits. Markzware’s ID Util is a free macOS application to preview InDesign, IDML and InCopy files and to export these previews to PNG, JPG, or PDF.
Free Adobe InDesign File Preview App: Feature-Rich ID Util for macOS
How to Use ID Util (free Adobe InDesign file preview app):
• Install Markzware’s ID Util for macOS.
• Select the InDesign, IDML, or InCopy file in Finder.
• To preview the selected file, click the spacebar. (For thumbnail-sized previews, view your files in thumbnail view. To see more detail, zoom in. To see multiple pages at once, zoom out.)
Many users receive or have InDesign files on their system, but can’t view those files without Adobe’s InDesign program. ID Util for macOS has the functionality to display previews for a range of Adobe InDesign file formats.
“You can click a Show button to open the folder containing the image in a Finder window. Similarly, the Fonts tab lists the fonts used in the InDesign file, their status, and an option to reveal the fonts in the Finder, as well as a preview of a selected font at the bottom of the window.”
– Jamie McKee (mackeycomposition.com), book designer & typesetter, U.S. university presses
ID Util Benefits
• is simple to operate; just click your spacebar.
• is versatile, as it allows previewing of a variety of Adobe InDesign, IDML and InCopy file versions, without havine to install Adobe software.
• is free on the Mac App Store, so it does not cost anything to preview these files.
• has the ability to export InDesign, IDML and InCopy previews as PNG, JPG or PDF.
• gives you fast version number access.
Batch Preview Adobe InDesign Files, via Markzware’s
Free Feature-Rich App, ID Util for macOS:
Some Features in ID Util for macOS
• Preview Adobe InDesign, IDML and InCopy files.
• Export Previews as PNG, JPG or PDF.
• View styled stories from InDesign files.
• View previews of linked images.
• View a list of used fonts.
• View the document version (what version of InDesign was used to create the document).
• Print the document previews.
• If you have InDesign installed, you can resave the document with High Resolution previews of all pages.
Preview Window in ID Util for macOS, a free app by Markzware, to
View, Open and Export Previews of Adobe InDesign Files:
ID Util for macOS supports InDesign, IDML, and InCopy versions for Adobe:
• CC 2015
• CC 2014
Being able to quickly preview InDesign pages on a Mac system is a crucial part of many print, publishing and creative workflows. ID Util’s preview functions allow significant savings in time and costs for InDesign users who create various document products.
Free Adobe InDesign File Preview App: feature-rich ID Util for macOS