Don’t have the time to install, launch and open an Adobe InDesign Creative Suite 5 program, just so you can get a quick preview of an InDesign file? There is a free application that allows you to view stories and more in INDD, INCL and InDesign Markup Language documents.
Markzware Freebie to Preview InDesign Files
Markzware’s impressive portfolio includes a range of file conversion, file recovery, prepress and desktop publishing solutions. Markzware’s ID Util for macOS is a free standalone application on the Mac App Store to:
• view InDesign, IDML, or InCopy previews, styled story content, linked images and used fonts
• export these previews and styled stories to PNG, JPG or PDF
• package InDesign files, linked images, used fonts, HTML and XML package report
• open InDesign files in the proper InDesign version
• and more
Preview InDesign CS5, InCopy, IDML macOS: Markzware Freebie, ID Util (video)
Benefits of ID Util
• is free to download and simple to operate
• lets you view the InDesign version and export previews
• requires no other program installation to preview Adobe InDesign CS5-CC 2015, as well as IDML and InCopy versions
ID Util is available at no cost, via the Mac App Store. No need to install your Adobe application on the current computer you’re using, to view InDesign previews with ID Util.
How to Use ID Util
• Install Markzware’s ID Util.
• Select the InDesign, IDML, or InCopy file in Finder.
• To preview the selected file, click the spacebar. (For thumbnail-sized previews, view your files in thumbnail view. To see more detail, zoom in. To see multiple pages at once, zoom out.)
Example of Using
Markzware Freebie, ID Util for MacOS to
Preview InDesign CS5, InCopy, IDML:
ID Util Features
• View Page Previews for InDesign, IDML, and InCopy files
• Open Previews in InDesign
• View InDesign Document Version
• Export Previews as PNG, JPG or PDF for print, web, etc.
• Preference to Turn Off Thumbnail Previews
• Show Used Fonts
• View and Export Stories and Styled Stories
• View Linked Image Paths
• View Linked Image Paths by Page
• View and Package Images and Fonts
• Create Packaging Report
ID Util allows you to preview a range of Adobe InDesign, IDML, and InCopy file versions in CS5 through CC 2015. Just click your spacebar, to get a quick preview of your InDesign file’s contents.
Markzware’s ID Util app displays the InDesign file’s version number. This enables you to tell, instantly, the version in which the file was created.
ID Util can even show the default thumbnails, rather than the previews in the Finder. You can turn on the thumbnail previews preference, via ID Util’s Preferences.
Want to see more preview detail of your Adobe InDesign, IDML, and InCopy files, using ID Util? Zoom in. Want to see multiple preview pages at once? Zoom out.
Download ID Util for macOS
You can download ID Util on the Mac App Store for free. See more solutions for Adobe Creative Suite, macOS, and more, on the Markzware Products page.
Preview InDesign CS5, InCopy, IDML macOS: Markzware Freebie, ID Util