Import InDesign into Affinity Publisher on macOS:
Export & Import IDML
Users of Serif’s Affinity Publisher can import native InDesign files into Publisher, on the macOS platform. Just use Markzware’s IDMarkz to export InDesign as IDML, so Publisher can import that IDML. Read additional details and check out the video:
Details on Affinity Publisher
Affinity Publisher is a winner of Apple’s “Mac App of the Year” award and a professional, perpetual, desktop publishing (DTP) Mac/Win app for creative designers. It supports PSD, AI, PDF, JPG, TIFF, PNG, and more file types and seamlessly integrates the Affinity Designer vector design software and Affinity Photo image editing software.
Owners of Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo can click the corresponding icon in Affinity Publisher, to use their app in a .afpub layout file. This allows for streamlined use of any combination of these three Serif apps.
Publisher is available now for download at the Mac App Store or via the Publisher page on Serif’s website. Since it is a one-time purchase, this Adobe InDesign alternative saves Creative Cloud users from subscription requirements and costs.
Already own Affinity Publisher? You can download updates for free, from the Mac App Store.
Affinity Publisher Features include:
• Adjustment layers, non-destructive
• Advanced text flow options
• Artistic text
• Baseline grid
• CMYK support, end-to-end
• Drop capitals
• Excel (.xlsx) file import
• Glyph browser
• Gradient controls
• Image auto-resize to fit content frames
• Image correction
• Image drag-and-drop from Finder
• Image enhancement
• Indexes, auto generated
• Keyboard shortcuts, customizable
• Multiple Publisher documents merge to one file
• OpenType support
• Pan at 60fps
• Page creation from a designated Master Page
• PDF/X-1a, PDF/X-3, PDF/X-4 export for print
• Save documents as reusable templates
• Search and replace (RegEx)
• Spot color support, end-to-end
• Table of Contents, auto generated
• Text decorations
• Text frame linking
• Text frame rulers
• Text on a path
• Text flow between frames
• Text wrapping with fine padding control
• Transparency controls
• Undo history, savable
• Zoom at 60fps
Markzware develops preview, preflight, and file conversion software for print, publishing and graphic arts workflows. Markzware’s IDMarkz is a versatile macOS application that processes Adobe InDesign files for use in numerous file formats, including Affinity Publisher.
IDMarkz can help you to open InDesign files in Serif’s Publisher software. Click the following image, to learn how:
IDMarkz Open in Affinity Publisher Feature (video)
• quickly process InDesign files on a Mac
• enjoy the ease-of-use of a multi-functional InDesign file app
• save money on Creative Cloud subscriptions
How to Open an InDesign File in Affinity Publisher, via IDMarkz:
• Drag & drop your files onto the IDMarkz window, in the “Drag and drop files here” section.
• With Affinity Publisher loaded, click on the “Publisher” icon in the top of the IDMarkz window.
• Click the “Open” button in the “PDF Options” window opened by Publisher, which will assign a profile.
The Open in Affinity Publisher feature in IDMarkz opens InDesign files within Publisher.
“Thanks to IDMarkz I finally was able to be freed from the Adobe subscription plan! After having multiple issues trying to open InDesign files between subscription versions and CS6 and ultimately having CS6 lose functionality with Catalina, I now can convert as necessary, and eventually move all of my InDesign files to Affinity Publisher with ease.”– Howard Lotis, IDMarkz reviewer
IDMarkz Features Include:
• Preview InDesign files & export .indd files as IDML, PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, or GIF
• Open InDesign files in earlier InDesign versions or in QuarkXPress, Affinity Publisher, Acrobat, Illustrator, …
• Open InDesign files in Acrobat and Annotate the PDF
IDMarkz has automation features that can export an IDML and open it in a selected application. You can buy Markzware’s affordable IDMarkz Mac Subscription, which includes IDMarkz updates throughout your 12-month subscription term via the IDMarkz page.
Import InDesign into Affinity Publisher on macOS: Export & Import IDML