Corrupt InDesign, or bad InDesign documents that crashed, are unfortunately a reality. Hopefully, this will not be something you experience. If you do, here is a great potential work-around to fix InDesign files. This tip uses Markzware‘s ID2Q (InDesign to Quark XTension) and Q2ID (Quark to InDesign plugin). Here is a typical InDesign error message:
These are the instructions, with inventory list of software (XTensions and Plug-ins) needed. It is a work-around, however, one which generally works quite well…
What to do:
- Ensure that QuarkXPress 6 or 7 is installed.
- Ensure that Markzware’s ID2Q is installed.
- Open InDesign file in QuarkXPress via ID2Q (Under “Utilities).
- Save the (hopefully) converted corrupt InDesign file as a QuarkXPress file to your desktop with a QXP extension.
- Ensure that InDesign CS2, CS3, CS4, or CS5 is installed.
- Ensure that Markzware’s Q2ID plugin is installed.
- In InDesign (after Q2ID is loaded), simply go to “file->open.”
- Select the salvaged file now in a QuarkXPress QXP form.
*** If you can open the InDesign file at this point, it is generally recovered!***
TIP– after you fix corrupt InDesign files with the Markzware Adobe plug ins, it is best to then export them as an Adobe Interchange INX format. This should zap any corruption that may be lingering in most cases… then you can work-on! Check out MarkzwareTV for more InDesign tips.
Markzware is well known for its MarkzTools XTension to fix QuarkXPress files. Markzware also has Adobe plug-ins to fix corrupt InDesign files. So, submit your corrupt InDesign files to the Markzware File Recovery Service!
“Bad InDesign” File Recovery Service:
Don’t have Quark? Still need your INDD document(s) fixed? We can help! For a small fee per bad file, we can help fix corrupt InDesign files and help recover them for you. This is a “No Cure, No Pay” service (apart from the in-take fee). Meaning, if we cannot fix it, you pay nothing further! Just email Markzware Sales. Send in your bad InDesign documents today. When we have attempted to fix corrupt InDesign files, our success rate in file recovery has been pretty high!
Read How others fixed their InDesign files here!
How to Fix Corrupted InDesign Files