SANTA ANA, California – May 11, 2006 – Markzware, prepress software developer of PDF preflight, content delivery and data conversion software. Markzware is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the conversion utility MarkzTools 6. MarkzTools 6 is a document insurance tool for QuarkXPress, which converts higher versions to lower versions, salvages bad files & maintains file integrity. This powerful utility takes the additional steps of preventing files from going bad, thus making it a document insurance policy, securing the value of important jobs.
Patrick Marchese, president of Markzware, says, “MarkzTools was Markzware‘s very first software package developed way back in 1993. Now, 13 years later, we continue the tradition of helping QuarkXPress users with securing and migrating their data.” He continues, “This unique XTension is easy to use and install. Protecting content from corruption provides users the confidence their data will always remain intact.”
MarkzTools will salvage or repair many corrupt QuarkXPress files, as well as open higher version documents such as QuarkXPress 6.0 documents while inside QuarkXPress 5.5 or below.
Some of the updated powerful features included in MarkzTools are:
1) The conversion of Quark 6 documents directly to Quark 4 documents (without the need to have Quark 5 loaded).
2) The prevention of bad documents from occurring in the first place through the use of a special temp file.
3) The recovery of text data from many badly damaged or corrupted documents.
4) The conversion of picture previews to Gray. This feature allows you to archive your Quark document more easily by reducing the size of the Quark document. The best part, your links are still intact, so when you are ready to work on the live job again, you just need to do an Update in Quark.
5) The ability to retain or assign a Color Label applied to a document in the Finder.
6) The ability to recover bad or corrupt Quark documents if possible.
MarkzTools 6 is $199 MSRP. The upgrade price is $99. You can also visit the Markzware Products page.
Markzware is the leading developer of quality assurance, data conversion, and workflow solutions for the international graphic arts, printing, publishing and digital multimedia industries. Markzware is a privately held company based in Santa Ana, California. Markzware B.V., located in Rijswijk, The Netherlands, is the company’s headquarters for activities in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. http://www.markzware.com
Markzware Announces The Release Of MarkzTools 6