Note: PageZephyr and PageZephyr Search have been DISCONTINUED. Please see our Products page for current Markzware offerings. Markzware also has ID Util, which can help you to view Adobe InDesign stories.
PageZephyr Search is a stand-alone application that can read the text contents of an InDesign file. This allows you to search for words or phrases in Adobe InDesign, without having the InDesign program on your system. You can also copy the text content of an INDD document and paste it into your favorite layout app, text editor, word processor.
PageZephyr Search Mac Features:
- Indexes content within Apple Mac storage volumes that have Spotlight enabled.
- Supports InDesign CS through InDesign CC file formats.
- Goes to the highlighted search term in context within InDesign.
Search InDesign files for Adobe Creative Suite and Creative Cloud INDD workflows with this easy-to-use content search application. See how in this video:
Adobe Creative Cloud INDD Search via
PageZephyr Search Mac
Markzware PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CC files for specific keywords.
How to Content Search with PageZephyr Search Mac:
- Type in the word you’re seeking.
- Hit Enter. (A files list appears on the left; the highlighted text appears within the file on the right.)
- To see the word in context, right click “Show Selection in Document”. (If you have an appropriate version of InDesign loaded, it’ll highlight that word and show you where it is in the document.)
- To Copy and Paste the text out, click and drag to select text (or hit Command-A and select Copy. (That copies the text to your clipboard, to make it available for other applications.)
PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CC or CS files for Mac OS 10.7 or higher (and under Mavericks 10.9). You can buy this content search application via the PageZephyr Search page. See more software for graphic arts, printing, and publishing on the Markzware Products page.
Did this search solution help you to search Creative Cloud INDD files? Please comment below. You can also subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and socialize with Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Adobe Creative Cloud INDD Search via PageZephyr Search Mac