Adobe InDesign marks ten years in desktop publishing (DTP). Desktop publishing itself turns 25 this year. Photoshop, desktop publishing software for graphic arts, turns 20 in 2010. A reason to celebrate:
Adobe InDesign 10 Years in Desktop Publishing!
Find relevant text in INDD documents. Then, copy and paste the found text to create content for desktop publishing. Here is a video demonstration of how PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CS or CC to find valuable information for DTP:
How to Do a Content Search with PageZephyr Search
Markzware’s content search application supports Adobe InDesign.
Search InDesign CS (Adobe Creative Suite) and search InDesign CC (Creative Cloud).
- Supports InDesign CS through InDesign CC files.
- Indexes content within Apple Macintosh storage volumes that have Spotlight enabled.
- Goes to the highlighted search term in InDesign for context awareness.
- Does not need Adobe InDesign installed or running.
How to Content Search with PageZephyr Search Mac:
- Type in the word you’re looking for.
- Hit Enter. (You’ll see a list of files on the left and the text within the highlighted file on the right.)
- To see the word in context, right click “Show Selection in Document”. (If you have an appropriate version of InDesign loaded, it’ll highlight that word and show you where it is in the document.)
- To Copy and Paste the text out, you can either click and drag to select text, or hit Command-A (Select All), and select Copy. (That will copy the text to your clipboard, which makes it available for use in other applications.)
Markzware, your source for desktop publishing software, develops PageZephyr Search and other tools that are compatible with Adobe InDesign. Search InDesign CS or CC and free your content to use it for desktop publishing via print or web. Markzware products that support Adobe InDesign include world-class desktop publishing software and tools for content search, such as PageZephyr Search. Markzware has been with Adobe InDesign and DTP every step of the way.
PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CS through CC files for Mac. You can buy this content search application as a perpetual license model at the PageZephyr Search page. See more desktop publishing software on the Markzware Products page.
Has this content search application helped you to search InDesign files for desktop publishing? Please comment below to let us know. Also, feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List.
Follow Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Happy birthday to you, Adobe InDesign, from Markzware!