One way to distribute new content is to find, edit and publish data that you already own. Wouldn’t it be great if you could enter a keyword and get a list of InDesign files relevant to your inquiry?
Markzware provides software solutions for Adobe InDesign CC (Creative Cloud) and other workflows, to help users keep up-to-date in publishing. Markzware’s PageZephyr Search Mac is a helpful search solution for Adobe’s popular desktop publishing (DTP) program, InDesign CC. PageZephyr Search uses your keyword search to find InDesign content of high relevancy.
Right-Clicking Filename while using PageZephyr Search Mac to
Search InDesign CC Text:
PageZephyr Search Mac offers many user benefits. It:
• allows easy content search.
• indexes all of your Adobe INDD documents.
• saves the time and costs of doing a manual search of InDesign files.
• is a stand-alone application for the Macintosh platform.
• enables users to edit InDesign content in InDesign.
• lets you view the found text within context, in PageZephyr Search, or in Finder.
• lets you copy and paste the discovered text.
Improve the effectiveness of your InDesign search process for more efficient content production! You can edit, create and share stories, based on a content search, using PageZephyr Search Mac to search InDesign files.
How to Content Search InDesign CC with PageZephyr Search Mac:
Turn on Spotlight indexing for each volume of InDesign CC files to search.
Click the word “here” (in blue text) on the “Welcome to PageZephyr Search” window. Allow about a half hour for initial indexing.
In the upper left of the Search Parameter Area is the Any/All Popup. You can select either:
• “Any” to return a result if any one of the search criteria is found, or
• “All” to return a result for every search criteria listed.
You can search either:
• the InDesign file’s text content, or
• the InDesign filename.
You can then select an additional content specifier:
1. “begins with” means the filename, or a word in the text stream, begins with the specified characters.
2. “ends with” means the filename, or a word in the text stream, ends with the specified characters.
3. “matches” means the entire filename, or an entire word in the text stream, exactly matches the specified text.
4. “contains” means a filename, or an entire word in the text stream, contains the specified text. This is good for finding partial words or phrases.
In the PageZephyr Search text content entry area, type in the word or phrase you are seeking.
For multiple search criteria, click the “+” button and add additional parameters to the search.
Right-Clicking on a highlighted word or phrase will popup a menu that gives you two choices:
“Show Selection in Document” attempts to open the file in the latest version of InDesign installed on your computer. It highlights the same text you have highlighted in PageZephyr Search. This is a great way to see the text in context within the InDesign document.
”Copy” will copy the highlighted text to your clipboard so it is available to paste into other applications.
PageZephyr Search Mac Features:
- Indexes content within Apple Macintosh storage volumes that have Spotlight enabled.
- Supports InDesign CS through InDesign CC files.
- Goes to the highlighted search term in InDesign for context awareness.
- Does not require the InDesign application itself.
With the popularity of effective content marketing, publishers understand how important it is to create a story around a product, service or brand. PageZephyr Search Mac is a useful content search tool to add to your DTP kit.
Are you lacking quality content for publishing? You can find InDesign text, by using Markzware‘s PageZephyr Search Mac. Tip: You can then edit and share new content on multiple social media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
PageZephyr Search Mac supports Adobe InDesign file formats, including the Creative Cloud format. You can use your data to create a document or page containing the content that you want your customers to see.
You can mine Adobe InDesign CC files, to find specific text. Check out how, in this PageZephyr Search demonstration video:
How to Search InDesign CC Text via
PageZephyr Search Mac
PageZephyr Search Mac makes it possible for InDesign CC users to find relevant content for publishing.
Want to find content in your InDesign CC files for desktop publishing (DTP)? PageZephyr Search Mac is a content discovery tool that helps you find text in Adobe InDesign files, based on your selected topic.
Why waste money on an expensive, ineffective search tool? PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CC or InDesign CS files on the Macintosh platform. You can buy Markzware’s content search application, via the PageZephyr Search page. See more publishing software, on the Markzware Products page.
How did this search solution help your DTP workflow to search InDesign CC text? Please comment below to let us know. Also, feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and follow Markzware on
How to Search InDesign CC Text via PageZephyr Search Mac