Note: PageZephyr and PageZephyr Search have been DISCONTINUED. Please see our Products page for current Markzware offerings. Markzware also has ID Util, which can help you to view Adobe InDesign stories.
It can be a struggle for an Adobe InDesign CS5 (Creative Suite 5) user to produce and manage content for publishing. Tip: You can create multiple drafts in multiple folders, for subjects related to your organization. You can then organize stories by folder, to help manage content.
Markzware is a U.S.-based company that develops an array of software solutions for desktop publishing (DTP) users worldwide. Markzware’s PageZephyr Search Mac is a search solution that can locate search terms within InDesign CS5 and other INDD documents. It enables easy content search of Adobe InDesign text, in your offline volumes.
You can find your keywords in Adobe InDesign CS5 documents. See how, in this PageZephyr Search demonstration video:
How to Search InDesign CS5 Documents via
PageZephyr Search Mac
Markzware’s PageZephyr Search Mac returns InDesign CS5 search results, based on your query.
PageZephyr Search Mac benefits include that it:
• gives you quick access to Adobe InDesign CS-CC documents.
• lets you copy and paste text that it finds.
• displays found text within context, in the PageZephyr Search window, or in Finder.
• indexes all of your InDesign documents.
• saves the time and money that a manual search would take.
• finds specific text, based on your simple search entry.
• is a stand-alone application that works on Macintosh systems.
PageZephyr Search Mac displays search results, based on your keyword searches in Adobe InDesign. This search tool will display the results, letting you copy and paste text from the document to your favorite word processor.
How to Search InDesign CS5 with PageZephyr Search Mac:
Turn on Spotlight indexing for each volume containing InDesign CS5 files to be searched.
Click the word “here” (in blue text) on the “Welcome to PageZephyr Search” window. Allow about a half hour for initial indexing.
In the upper left of the Search Parameter Area is the Any/All Popup. You can select either:
• “Any” to return a result if any one of the search criteria is found, or
• “All” to return a result for every search criteria listed.
You can search either:
• the InDesign file’s text content, or
• the InDesign filename.
You can then select an additional content specifier:
1. “begins with” means the filename, or a word in the text stream, begins with the specified characters.
2. “ends with” means the filename, or a word in the text stream, ends with the specified characters.
3. “matches” means the entire filename, or an entire word in the text stream, exactly matches the specified text.
4. “contains” means a filename, or an entire word in the text stream, contains the specified text. This is good for finding partial words or phrases.
In the PageZephyr Search text content entry area, type in the word or phrase you are seeking.
For multiple search criteria, click the “+” button and add additional parameters to the search.
PageZephyr Search Mac can search InDesign CS5 and more, to find valuable content for your usage. Those familiar with Adobe InDesign can appreciate an indexing tool that can streamline search.
Main Window in PageZephyr Search Mac to
Search InDesign CS5 Documents:
Make sure your content is searchable! Markzware‘s search software gives you access to your InDesign CS5 files and the text within, which may inspire your content creation.
PageZephyr Search Mac:
- Indexes content within Apple Macintosh storage volumes that have Spotlight enabled.
- Supports InDesign CS through InDesign CC files.
- Goes to the highlighted search term in InDesign for context awareness.
- Does not need Adobe InDesign installed or running.
PageZephyr Search allows you to search for words or phrases in an InDesign file, without having the InDesign program on your system. You can combine text from multiple InDesign documents for editing, to build your content.
The longer you delay making use of your content, the longer you delay the potential revenue. PageZephyr Search Mac enables you to view, search and edit index files, so that you can help your organization to achieve ROI.
Go data mining, with PageZephyr Search Mac, today! PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CC or InDesign CS files on the Macintosh platform. You can buy Markzware’s content search application, via the PageZephyr Search page. See more DTP software for creative professionals, on the Markzware Products page.
How did this search solution help your DTP workflow to search InDesign CS5 documents? Please comment below to let us know. Also, feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and join Markzware on
How to Search InDesign CS5 Documents via PageZephyr Search Mac