Note: PageZephyr and PageZephyr Search have been DISCONTINUED. Please see our Products page for current Markzware offerings. Markzware also has ID Util, which can help you to view Adobe InDesign stories.
You need to be able to deliver valuable content that your users want. A search solution could help you to save money, while you provide desirable content to your customers.
Markzware makes it easy for Adobe InDesign CS6 data users to prove return on investment for their software purchases. Markzware’s PageZephyr Search Mac is a great content discovery tool that allows you to find specific content in your InDesign CS6 files. PageZephyr Search Mac helps users to discover existing InDesign content that they may have forgotten they have.
You can locate words in Adobe InDesign CS6 files that relate to your chosen topic. Watch how, in this video demonstration of PageZephyr Search:
How to Search InDesign CS6 Documents via
PageZephyr Search Mac
PageZephyr Search Mac searches Adobe InDesign CS6 files, to find the information you seek.
PageZephyr Search Mac can be a huge help to a variety of professionals. Benefits of using this search application include:
• eDiscovery: Find relevant text existing within your INDD documents. PageZephyr Search Mac saves time, money and labor, since it finds the content of interest for you.
• INDD File Indexing: Let this application index all of your InDesign documents and give you fast access to the content. You can see a list of the related files.
• Content Display: You can view the found content, within context, in PageZephyr Search or in Finder.
• Content Extraction: Copy and paste the found text, to be able to edit or further use that content.
Is it difficult for you to find content, let alone publish it, so your customers can find you? PageZephyr Search Mac can search InDesign files for Adobe Creative Suite and Creative Cloud INDD workflows, to help you find content.
PageZephyr Search Finder Window to
Search InDesign CS6 Files:
How to Use PageZephy Search Mac for Content Search in Adobe InDesign CS6:
1. Ensure that Spotlight indexing is turned on for each volume of InDesign CS6 files to search.
2. Click the word “here” (shown in blue text) on the “Welcome to PageZephyr Search” window. This will run the initial index, which may take about 20-30 minutes.)
3. In the upper left of the Search Parameter Area is the Any/All Popup.
• Select Any to do a “boolean OR” search. If any one of the search criteria is found, it will return a result. This is a much looser search than the All option.
• Select All for every search criteria listed to be found, in order for a result to be returned. This is equivalent to a boolean AND search. This is a much stricter search than the Any option.
You can elect to either search the text content within an InDesign file or the name of the InDesign file.
4. Select an additional content specifier:
• begins with: The filename, or a word in the text stream, begins with the specified characters.
• ends with: The filename, or a word in the text stream, ends with the specified characters.
• matches: The entire filename, or an entire word in the text stream, exactly matches the specified text.
• contains: The filename, or an entire word in the text stream, contains the specified text.
5. Enter the keyword(s) you are seeking into the Text Entry Area.
6. Click the “+” button and enter Multiple Search Criteria to add additional parameters to a search.
Open or Show the File by Right-Clicking the Filename:
Right-Click on a filename in the Search Results and a popup menu will offer two choices:
• Open will attempt to open the file in the latest version of InDesign installed on your computer. This opens the InDesign CS6 file without showing where the highlighted word or phrase is located.
• Show in Finder will reveal your InDesign file in a standard Finder window.
Show the Search Term in the Document or Copy Text by Right-Clicking on Highlighted Text:
Right-Click on a highlighted word or phrase and a popup menu will offer two choices:
• Show Selection in Document will attempt to open the file in the latest version of InDesign installed on your computer. This will open the InDesign file and actually highlight the same text you have highlighted in PageZephyr Search. This allows you to see the text in context within the InDesign document.
• Copy will copy the highlighted text to your clipboard so it is available to paste into other applications.
PageZephyr Search is dependable InDesign CS6 search software by Markzware. It can search InDesign file text for viewing or copying to text editors, word processors or layout apps.
Archived content is often forgotten, overlooked or not used to full advantage. PageZephyr Search Mac allows users to search InDesign files and to copy text found in your INDD documents.
PageZephyr Search Mac Features:
- Supports InDesign CS through InDesign CC files, yet does not require Adobe InDesign to be installed. If an appropriate InDesign version is loaded, users can open documents in InDesign or copy and paste text into a favorite text editor or program.
- Indexes content within Apple Macintosh storage volumes that have Spotlight enabled.
- Enables users to search InDesign for text content in INDD documents and to view the text.
- Goes to the highlighted search term in InDesign for context awareness.
PageZephyr Search allows you to edit content from the displayed results and to fully customize your content for publishing. You can select which excerpts of content you wish to use for creating a new story that you can publish.
Right-Clicking on a filename in the Search Results area will popup a menu with options. “Open” attempts to open the file in the latest version of InDesign installed on your computer. “Show in Finder” reveals your InDesign file in a standard Finder window.
Example of a Content Search, using PageZephyr Search Mac to
Search InDesign CS6 Documents:
This search solution can reduce DTP hours and effort, while enhancing production. The Markzware technology in PageZephyr Search Mac helps InDesign CS6 users to find text that can be a basis for content creation.
PageZephyr Search Mac can search InDesign CS or InDesign CC files on Macintosh. For more information on Markzware‘s content search application, please visit the PageZephyr Search page. More desktop publishing (DTP) software for creative professionals is available, via the Markzware Products page.
Did this search solution help you to search InDesign CS6 documents? Please leave a comment in the section below. You can subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and share with Markzware on
How to Search InDesign CS6 Documents via PageZephyr Search Mac