Note: PageZephyr and PageZephyr Search have been DISCONTINUED. Please see our Products page for current Markzware offerings. Markzware also has ID Util, which can help you to view Adobe InDesign stories.
Markzware’s U.S.-based team develops quality desktop publishing (DTP) solutions that benefit customers all over the world. Markzware‘s PageZephyr Search Mac is easy-to-use content search software that helps you to find text in InDesign files to use for DTP. It can display text that it discovers in Adobe InDesign CS-CC files.
How to Search InDesign CS6 Text via
PageZephyr Search Mac
Markzware’s search solution locates Adobe InDesign CS6 content that relates to your search term.
How to Search InDesign CS6 with PageZephyr Search Mac:
Turn on Spotlight indexing for each volume to be searched.
Click the word “here” (in blue text) on the “Welcome to PageZephyr Search” window.
In the upper left of the Search Parameter Area is the Any/All Popup. You can select either:
• “Any” to return a result if any one of the search criteria is found, or
• “All” to return a result for every search criteria listed.
You can search either:
• the InDesign file’s text content, or
• the InDesign filename.
You can then select an additional content specifier:
1. “begins with” means the filename, or a word in the text stream, begins with the specified characters.
2. “ends with” means the filename, or a word in the text stream, ends with the specified characters.
3. “matches” means the entire filename, or an entire word in the text stream, exactly matches the specified text.
4. “contains” means a filename, or an entire word in the text stream, contains the specified text. This is good for finding partial words or phrases.
In the PageZephyr Search Mac text content entry area, type in the word or phrase you are seeking. For multiple search criteria, click the “+” button and add additional parameters to the search.
PageZephyr Search is a desktop application for Mac that helps content creators to find and use existing InDesign text. Researchers, marketers, writers, and other professionals can find information with this app, and then share it, for global communication.
Benefits of using this search application include:
• eDiscovery: Find relevant text existing within your INDD documents. PageZephyr Search Mac saves time, money and labor, since it finds the content of interest for you.
• INDD File Indexing: Let this application index all of your InDesign documents and give you fast access to the content. You can see a list of the related files.
• Content Display: You can view the found content, within context, in PageZephyr Search or in Finder.
• Content Extraction: Copy and paste the found text, to be able to edit or further use that content.
Markzware‘s search technology allows you to find text in your INDD documents on the Macintosh platform. PageZephyr Search Mac gives you access to specific content within your INDD proprietary files.
Markzware‘s eDiscovery tool helps users to discover InDesign text through a simple search. PageZephyr Search Mac’s enhanced search features support the publishing community in finding useful content.
The PageZephyr Search Mac content search application:
- supports InDesign CS through InDesign CC files. If an appropriate InDesign version is loaded, users can open documents in InDesign or copy and paste text into a text editor.
- indexes content within Apple Macintosh storage volumes that have Spotlight enabled.
- enables users to search InDesign for text content in INDD documents in local volumes, and to view that text.
- goes to the highlighted search term in InDesign for context awareness.
PageZephyr Search Mac helps you to find pertinent information in your Adobe InDesign (INDD) files. You can also customize your search, via options available this handy search tool.
Content Specifier in PageZephyr Search Mac, Application to
Search InDesign CS6 Text:
Publishing searchable content can make your message visible to potential customers. Need a good way to extract content from your native InDesign CS6 files? Use PageZephyr Search Mac, then copy all or part of the text and paste it into a word processor.
PageZephyr Search Mac can search InDesign CS or InDesign CC files on Macintosh. For more information on Markzware‘s content search application, please visit the PageZephyr Search page. More desktop publishing (DTP) software for creative professionals is available, via the Markzware Products page.
Did this search solution help you to search InDesign CS6 text? Please leave a comment in the section below. You can subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and post with Markzware on
How to Search InDesign CS6 Text via PageZephyr Search Mac