Note: PageZephyr and PageZephyr Search have been DISCONTINUED. Please see our Products page for current Markzware offerings. Markzware also has ID Util, which can help you to view Adobe InDesign stories.
Search InDesign text for viewing or copying to text editors, word processors or layout applications. PageZephyr Search is a stand-alone program from Markzware to find specific text within INDD documents.
PageZephyr Search Mac is a stand-alone application from Markzware. It allows users to search InDesign text content in INDD documents and to view that text. Search the text of InDesign files in Spotlight-indexable local volumes. Users can also open documents in Adobe InDesign (with the proper version loaded) or copy and paste text into a text editor.
How to Search InDesign Text via PageZephyr Search Mac:
- Type in the word you’d like to find.
- Hit Enter. (You’ll see a list of files on the left and the text within the highlighted file on the right.)
- To see the word in context, right click “Show Selection in Document”. (If you have an appropriate version of InDesign loaded, it’ll highlight that word and show you where it is in the document.)
- To Copy and Paste the text out, you can either click and drag to select text, or hit Command-A (Select All), and select Copy. (That will copy the text to your clipboard, which makes it available for use in other applications.)
Search InDesign files for Adobe Creative Suite and Creative Cloud INDD workflows with this user-friendly, content search application. This video shows you how:
How to Search InDesign Text via
PageZephyr Search Mac
PageZephyr Search Mac:
- Indexes content in Apple Macintosh storage volumes that have Spotlight enabled.
- Supports InDesign CS-CC (Adobe Creative Suite or Creative Cloud) file formats.
- Goes to the highlighted search term in InDesign for context awareness.
- Does not need Adobe InDesign installed or running.
PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CC or CS files for Mac OS 10.7 or higher (and under Mavericks 10.9). You can buy this content search application via the PageZephyr Search page. See more desktop publishing (DTP) software for creative professionals on the Markzware Products page.
How has this search solution helped your DTP workflow to search InDesign files? Please comment below to let us know. Also, feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and interact with Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
How to Search InDesign Text via PageZephyr Search Mac