Note: PageZephyr and PageZephyr Search have been DISCONTINUED. Please see our Products page for current Markzware offerings. Markzware also has ID Util, which can help you to view Adobe InDesign stories.
Do an INDD content search in InDesign CC or CS, using PageZephyr Search. Markzware’s content search application can locate text in InDesign files for Adobe Creative Suite and Creative Cloud workflows for graphic arts:
PageZephyr Search Mac by Markzware is a stand-alone application for INDD content search. Users can find and view the text of InDesign files located in Spotlight-indexable local volumes, with or without the InDesign program. Users can open documents in InDesign (with an appropriate InDesign version loaded) or copy and paste text into a text editor.
- Indexes content within Apple Macintosh storage volumes that have Spotlight enabled.
- Supports InDesign CS through InDesign CC graphic design file formats (INDD).
- Goes to the highlighted keyword(s) in INDD for context awareness.
- Does not need Adobe InDesign graphic software installed or running.
How to Do an INDD Content Search in
InDesign CC or CS via PageZephyr Search
Markzware’s advanced technology enables you to search InDesign CC or CS
Find relevant content with an INDD content search via PageZephyr Search. Markzware’s content search application can search InDesign CC, search InDesign CS6, etc., to find valuable content for your usage.
How to Do an INDD Content Search:
- Type the word that you are seeking into PageZephyr Search.
- Hit Enter. (You’ll see a list of native files on the left and the text within the highlighted file on the right.)
- To see the word in context, right click “Show Selection in Document”.
- To Copy and Paste the text out, you can either click and drag to select text, or hit Command-A (Select All), and select Copy. (This will copy the text to your clipboard, for use in other applications.)
Find text in INDD documents for Mac OS 10.7 or higher (and under Mavericks 10.9). You can buy this application for INDD content search when visiting the PageZephyr Search page. See more desktop publishing (DTP) software for creative professionals on the Markzware Products page.
Has INDD content search helped your DTP workflow to find InDesign text in a proprietary file? Please comment. You can subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and interact with Markzware on:
INDD Content Search in InDesign CC or CS via PageZephyr Search!