Note: PageZephyr and PageZephyr Search have been DISCONTINUED. Please see our Products page for current Markzware offerings. Markzware also has ID Util, which can help you to view Adobe InDesign stories.
How is your current content strategy working to benefit your business? You can distribute content through social media, blogs, news websites, magazines, etc. First, you must create the content. Need a starting point for interesting content?
You can search InDesign CS5 files, using Markzware’s stand-alone search application, PageZephyr Search Mac. Following are steps and a how-to video, to show you how easy it is to find text in InDesign files.
How to Search InDesign CS5 Files, with PageZephyr Search Mac:
- In the search field, type the word you want to find in your InDesign Creative Suite 5 files.
- Press Enter. (Files list is on the left; highlighted text is in the file on the right.)
- To see the word in context, right click “Show Selection in Document”. (If an appropriate version of InDesign is loaded, it’ll highlight that word and show you where it is in the document.)
- To Copy and Paste the text out, you can either click and drag to select text, or hit Command-A (Select All), and select Copy. (That copies the text to your clipboard.)
Content creators can encourage customers to share content, in order to build a network for increased ROI. Customers who are interested in your product are more likely to share about it. That could be free marketing for you!
PageZephyr Search can:
- read InDesign CS through InDesign CC files (InDesign v3-v9), whether created on a Mac or Windows computer.
- archive old and new InDesign files.
- search the content of archived InDesign files for specific words (customer, product, keyword, etc.)
- copy text from an InDesign file, without running the InDesign program.
- search an InDesign file for a word, open that file (with InDesign installed) and see the found word, in context.
You can find related INDD text for content creation, using PageZephyr Search Mac. Click the video below, to see a demonstration of content search for Adobe InDesign CS5 and other InDesign files:
Search InDesign CS5 Files via
PageZephyr Search Mac
PageZephyr Search Mac finds your keywords in InDesign files for Creative Suite 5 and more.
PageZephyr Search Mac can search InDesign CS or InDesign CC files on Macintosh. For more information on Markzware’s content search application, please visit the PageZephyr Search page. More desktop publishing (DTP) software for creative professionals is available, via the Markzware Products page.
Did this search solution help you to search InDesign CS5 files? Please enter a comment in the section below. You can subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and follow Markzware on
Search InDesign CS5 Files via PageZephyr Search Mac