Note: PageZephyr and PageZephyr Search have been DISCONTINUED. Please see our Products page for current Markzware offerings. Markzware also has ID Util, which can help you to view Adobe InDesign stories.
PageZephyr Search is a search application that can read the text contents of an InDesign file. It allows you to search for words or phrases in InDesign CS6 and more files, without Adobe InDesign on your system. You can also copy the text of an InDesign file from PageZephyr Search. Then, paste it into your favorite text editor, word processor or layout application.
Search InDesign files for Creative Suite and Creative Cloud workflows with this simple search application. Watch this video demonstration:
Search InDesign CS6 Native Files via
PageZephyr Search Mac
PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CS6 native files and more (InDesign CS-CC) files to find INDD text.
PageZephyr Search Mac:
- Indexes content within Apple Macintosh storage volumes with Spotlight enabled.
- Supports InDesign CS through InDesign CC files.
- Goes to the highlighted search term in InDesign for context awareness.
- Does not need Adobe InDesign installed or running.
How to Content Search with PageZephyr Search Mac:
- Type in the word you’re seeking.
- Hit Enter. (Files list is on the left; highlighted text is in the file on the right.)
- To see the word in context, right click “Show Selection in Document”. (If an appropriate version of InDesign is loaded, it’ll show you the highlighted word in the document.)
- To Copy and Paste the text out, you can either click and drag to select text, or hit Command-A (Select All), and select Copy. (That will copy the text to your clipboard, which makes it available for use in other applications.)
PageZephyr Search can search InDesign CC or CS files for Mac OS 10.7 or higher (and under Mavericks 10.9). You can buy Markzware’s content search application via the PageZephyr Search page. See more desktop publishing (DTP) software for creative professionals on the Markzware Products page.
How did this search solution help your DTP workflow to search InDesign files? Please comment below to let us know. Please also subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and post with Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Search InDesign CS6 Native Files via PageZephyr Search Mac