Convert Microsoft Publisher Text Formatting, Flow and Wrap to InDesign
Markzware Pub2ID is data conversion software that can convert Publisher to InDesign. This InDesign plugin allows users to adjust Microsoft Publisher text formatting effects and paragraph elements for:
- Text Outline (hollow)
- Horizontal rule before/after paragraph
- Leading/Line Space
- Drop Caps
Microsoft Publisher Text Formatting Effects
- text “autoflow” from one text box to another for both adjacent and remote text boxes.
- text box size, position, columns and contents.
- page margins.
While Microsoft Publisher renders text a bit darker on screen and InDesign renders the same text lighter on screen, this does not impact the printed piece. Text reflow is unavoidable, due to the different ways in which Microsoft Publisher and Adobe InDesign handle text:
Text Flow Differences between Publisher (left) and InDesign (right)
Pub2ID Text Wrap Considerations
Text wrap, or runaround, is faithfully reproduced for most placed images within a text box, as long as the Microsoft Publisher text wrap style is set to “Square” (2). Exceptions are:
- Microsoft Publisher graphic items with “Tight” wrap style (1), which wraps the text to the image’s outside contours, are not supported. A “Square” style wrap is applied in InDesign.
- Microsoft Publisher graphic items with “Top and Bottom” wrap style (3), which prevents wrapping Microsoft Publisher text to the right and left sides of the image, are not supported. A “Square” style wrap is applied in InDesign.
- Microsoft Publisher graphic items with “Through” wrap style (4) applied, which “ghosts” the text through the image, are not supported. A “Square” style wrap is applied in InDesign.
Pub2ID can convert Publisher text formatting, text flow and text wrap from Microsoft Publisher to Adobe InDesign. To purchase Markzware PUB2ID, please visit the Pub2ID page on the Markzware site. Import Publisher into INDD, today.