How do you open Publisher within InDesign? Markzware walks you through the steps to open Publisher PUB files, created in Microsoft Publisher, within Adobe InDesign CS6. What do you use to open Publisher in INDD? You can open Publisher with the Markzware Pub2ID InDesign plugin, the data conversion software to convert Publisher to InDesign files for Adobe Creative Suite INDD workflows:
Convert Publisher to InDesign CS6 with Markzware Pub2ID Adobe CS6 plugin. It’s easy to import Microsoft Publisher into InDesign files for Adobe Creative Suite INDD workflows with this user-friendly data conversion software. This video shows you step-by-step how to use an InDesign plugin to open Publisher:
How to Open Publisher within InDesign CS6, using Pub2ID
Get seamless file conversion with easy access to PUB content within a new INDD document, just by clicking an option. The Pub2ID InDesign plugin can open Publisher within CS6, allowing users to quickly move on to other graphic arts projects for increased productivity and return on investment.
Steps to Open Publisher within InDesign CS6:
- In InDesign CS6, locate your Microsoft Publisher file via the InDesign > File > Open menu and click “Open” -or-
- Click the “Markzware” item on the InDesign Menu Bar then select “Convert MS Publisher Document” from the Pub2ID fly-out menu.
- You will see a conversion progress bar.
- The MS Publisher PUB file will appear rebuilt in INDD.
- Images are extracted to a folder (with the MS Publisher file name) and linked in the new document.
- Save this new InDesign file.
- Close then reopen the new InDesign file.
- Remap any missing fonts.
- Re-save the new InDesign document.
You can purchase the InDesign plugin to open Publisher for desktop publishing via the Pub2ID page. For more document conversion tools for creative professionals and publishers, please visit the Markzware Products page.
Please comment below on the Pub2ID InDesign plugin and on Publisher to Adobe InDesign file conversion. Please also feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, and join Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.