Markzware develops advanced file conversion software that helps desktop publishing (DTP) professionals to maximize production. Markzware’s Q2ID for InDesign CS6 is an InDesign CS6 plugin for QuarkXPress to InDesign CS6 document conversion.
You can open QuarkXPress content within InDesign CS6, using Q2ID. Watch how, in this video demonstration:
InDesign Plugins to
Convert QuarkXPress to InDesign CS6: Q2ID
Markzware’s Q2ID converts content from QXP to Adobe INDD Creative Suite 6.
Q2ID can be a huge help to creatives and publishers. Benefits of using this InDesign plugin include:
• File Recovery: Recover a QXP file in InDesign, without the original design application. Q2ID saves time, money and labor, since the QuarkXPress document does not have to be re-created.
• QXP Editing: Get fast access to a QXP document for editing within an INDD document. Q2ID opens the QuarkXPress file in InDesign, allowing you to modify the QXP file.
• Content Extraction: Extract content from a QuarkXPress document. Q2ID allows you to extract text, images and more from a QXP file, plus be able to work with that content in InDesign.
Convert your QuarkXPress files into InDesign files, producing editable INDD documents. This makes it easy to get your content into the format you need.
How to Use Q2ID
To convert QuarkXPress to InDesign with Q2ID, click “Markzware” in the InDesign Menu Bar. Select “Convert QuarkXPress® Document…” from the Q2ID fly-out menu. Select the QuarkXPress file to convert, click Open, and Save the new InDesign file.
Q2ID can convert QuarkXPress to InDesign files, producing editable INDD documents from QXP files. Q2ID preserves the original fonts, images and layout from the QuarkXPress file in an InDesign format.
Here are features in Markzware’s Q2ID:
1. Convert QuarkXPress® Document… – Clicking on this menu item will bring up an Open File window asking you to locate the QuarkXPress file you would like to convert.
2. Help… – Clicking this will bring up a small window with a few options.
When you select the Help… menu item, a small window appears with:
• the version number of Q2ID you are running.
• link to the Q2ID online manual, which opens your default web browser and takes you to the online Q2ID manual.
• link to the Markzware Tech Support Request Form, which opens your default web browser and takes you to the Markzware Online Technical Support Form.
3. Conversion progress bar – helps you to track the file conversion process.
Q2ID can convert QuarkXPress to InDesign, including such QXP file items as:
• linked text boxes
• page positioning
• text attributes
Stylized Fonts and Q2ID InDesign Plugins to
Convert QuarkXPress to InDesign CS6:
- Q2ID for InDesign CC 2015 Mac & Win
- Q2ID for InDesign CC 2014 Mac & Win
- Q2ID for InDesign CC Mac & Win
- Q2ID for InDesign CS6 Mac & Win
- Q2ID for InDesign CS5.5 Mac & Win
- Q2ID for InDesign CS5 Mac & Win
A single license allows you to choose which of these plugins to use at any time, during the subscription term. All updates are included, for free, throughout the subscription term.
Did these InDesign plugins help your workflow to convert QuarkXPress to InDesign CS6? Please leave a comment below. Feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List and share with Markzware on
InDesign Plugins to Convert QuarkXPress to InDesign CS6: Q2ID