You can open QuarkXPress layouts in Affinity Publisher on the macOS platform, by using the stand-alone QXPMarkz app by Markzware. The article and video below can help you to learn how:
Markzware develops preview, preflight, and file conversion software for printers, publishers, graphic designers, creative professionals, and the like. Markzware’s QXPMarkz is a multi-featured application that processes QuarkXPress files for use in numerous file formats on the macOS platform.
QXPMarkz can help you to convert QuarkXPress .qxp documents to Affinity Publisher by Serif. See this video about file conversion from QuarkXPress to Publisher:
Video: QXPMarkz – Quark to Affinity Publisher and more – NEW PRODUCT
How To Open A QuarkXPress File In Affinity Publisher
1. Click “Open” in the QXPMarkz “File” Menu, to see an “Open File” dialog window, where you can select one or more QuarkXPress files to open. Once you open a file in QXPMarkz, you will see a Preview Window with file preview views, scrolling page thumbnails, and document details.
2. Click “Open in”, to open the active document in your choice of applications, when the application is properly loaded and licensed on your computer system.
3. Select “Affinity Publisher” in the “Open in” options, to see how QXPMarkz will work with Affinity Publisher. QXPMarkz sends an IDML to Affinity Publisher 1.8 and newer versions (or a PDF to Affinity Publisher 1.7 and earlier versions).
• If Affinity Publisher 1.8 (or newer version) is loaded on your system, QXPMarkz will attempt to open the layout of the active QXP file in Affinity Publisher. The resulting layout will be much more accurate than the PDF workflow for Affinity Publisher 1.7 and below.
• If you have Affinity Publisher 1.7 or an earlier version loaded, QXPMarkz will create a PDF of your open QXP file and then attempt to open that PDF in Affinity Publisher. Note: If a specific layout feature is not currently supported, the resulting layout may not be a completely perfect replica of the original.
Benefits Of QXPMarkz Include:
• quickly allows you to preview QuarkXPress files and open them in other app formats and image file formats on a Mac
• offers an easy-to-use interface with opportunities to use QuarkXPress content in numerous ways.
• saves money on manual file conversion and preview methods.
“…QXPMarkz provides users with the ability to move their QuarkXPress documents into Adobe InDesign. … This functionality ‘democratizes’ user content, providing an ‘ease’ of interchange between Desktop Publishing Applications (DTP).
– Mary Gay Marchese, PR Director
Video: QuarkXPress to Affinity Publisher In One Click: QXPMarkz
Helpful QXPMarkz Features
• Open QuarkXPress files in Affinity Publisher, InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator, and more.
• Preview QuarkXPress files & export .qxp files as IDML, PDF, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, or GIF
• Open InDesign files in Acrobat and Annotate the PDF.
How To Buy QXPMarkz
You can use automation features to open QuarkXPress in a selected application or file format, today! Buy Markzware’s low-cost QXPMarkz Mac Subscription (including QXPMarkz updates throughout your 12-month subscription term), available via the QXPMarkz page.
Additional Markzware products are available via the Products page. Please feel free to subscribe to the Markzware Mailing List, to get the latest Markzware product news, discounts, and more.
Do you use Affinity Publishing or at least considering using it? Have you tried to open QuarkXPress in Affinity Publisher (or other DTP application)? Please share your success stories with Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and other websites. Remember to Friend and Follow. See you there!
QuarkXPress to Affinity Publisher (QXP to AFPUB): QXPMarkz macOS App