Open in Acrobat will create a PDF and then attempt to open it in Adobe Acrobat. While this may not sound very useful, the PDF created by IDMarkz is not an ordinary PDF, as regardless of the version of InDesign for your file, the resulting PDF sent to Acrobat can be annotated in Acrobat DC and those annotations can later be coupled through InDesign CC 2019 or later’s Import PDF Comments feature and used with the older InDesign file.
Following is an example of how this would work-
- You open an InDesign CS6 file in IDMarkz
- You click on the Open in Acrobat icon
- IDMarkz generates a “special” PDF and opens it in Acrobat DC
- You go into Acrobat DC and add annotations to the PDF
- You save the PDF with the annotations out of Acrobat DC
- You open your InDesign CS6 in InDesign CC 2020
- You import the PDF comments from the PDF you just annotated in Acrobat DC into InDesign CC 2020
- You now have a CS6 file that has PDF Comments associated with it.