Would it help you to be able to get your InDesign, IDML, or InCopy preview into a PNG, JPG or PDF file format? A free Mac app can assist you.
Markzware software solutions for Adobe InDesign (and other file formats) serve the print, publishing and graphic arts industries. Markzware’s ID Util for macOS is a lightweight app that allows you to preview InDesign pages (or InCopy and IDML files). You can also generate high resolution previews of your documents. through ID Util.
Preview Adobe InDesign, IDML, and InCopy files, without needing to install or run Adobe software on your system. Export those previews as PNG, JPG or PDF files. Extract InDesign content for exporting, then share the exported previews with customers or colleagues who may not have InDesign. See how, in this video about Markzware’s application, ID Util for macOS:
Tour of the Feature-Rich Interface in Markzware’s ID Util for macOS:
• The top section of the Welcome Window is the active Drag and Drop area. By dragging files into this area it will turn blue, if ID Util recognizes the file type. When you drop, a preview will be generated.
• Below the top section’s drag and drop area is the Open Files button. Clicking on the Open Files button brings up a standard Open window, where you select the files you want to preview.
• To hide the Welcome Window at future startups, uncheck the “Show Window On Launch” checkbox at the bottom of the Welcome Window. You can then use Command-O to bring up a standard Mac Open Dialog Window.
• The Export button is in the Preview Window, just below the top left, and allows you to export PNG, JPG, or PDFs of your previews. The keyboard shortcut to export previews is Command + E.
• The Print section (to the right of the Export section) in the Preview Window allows you to print a hard copy of your previews or print a PDF.
How to Export Previews and Stories from a Document
When viewing a Document, you will see the “Export” button in the Toolbar. Clicking this button will bring up the Export Panel, giving you the option to choose which format you would like to export as. An export folder will be created at the chosen destination containing the previews and story content. The keyboard shortcut to print previews is Command + P.
Want to be able to print or share your INDD, IDML, or INCL file? ID Util can enable you to export that file as a PNG, JPG or PDF.
… Export including paragraph and text formats as well as tables to work on in Word and later refeed it (formats and tables included) into ID … that would make up a great tool for redaction workflows saving a lot of license costs.
– Harry Ramming, ID Util for macOS reviewer
Benefits of Markzware’s ID Util for macOS
• is versatile, yet simple to operate. Just click your spacebar to preview Adobe InDesign files.
• is free on the Mac App Store and does not require additional software to preview files.
• offers the option to transfer previews, with freedom from Cloud subscriptions.
• supports a variety of Adobe InDesign, IDML and InCopy file versions.
• quick version number access: Top of window displays the InDesign version in which the file was created.
View Previews in ID Util‘s Preview Window, Before You
Export InDesign File (Adobe INDD) Previews as PDF, JPG or PNG:
Highlights of ID Util for macOS software by Markzware
• InDesign CS2 through CC 2018 File Previews.
• InDesign Styled Stories.
• Linked Images Previews.
• Used Fonts List.
• Document Version.
• High Resolution Previews.
• Previews as PNG, JPG or PDF.
• Document Previews.
View and Export Styled Stories
Get access to the story content of an InDesign file (CS6 through CC 2018. Export the styled stories as RTF, TXT, or HTML or select and copy right from the preview window. This comes in handy when you may no longer have InDesign installed on your system or if you receive InDesign files from others but do not have access to InDesign yourself. Often people need to access the text content of an InDesign file but are not concerned with the layout. Maybe you need to repurpose the document for another source or simply need to copy out the text. ID Util allows you to both view the styled stories as well as export the content to a number of standard formats including HTML, RTF, and TXT. No longer is your document content locked away never to be seen again.
Export Previews as PNG, JPG or PDF
ID Util allows you to export your previews. The following formats are supported:
– PNG (When you export as png a folder with the job name + “.png” will be created and each page will be exported as a PNG file.)
– JPG (When you export as jpg, a folder with the job name + “.jpg” will be created and each page will be exported as a jpg file.)
– PDF (A single multiple-page PDF will be created.)
ID Util for macOS supports InDesign, IDML, and InCopy versions for Adobe:
• CC 2018
• CC 2017
• CC 2015
• CC 2014
Markzware provides tools to help creative professionals to manage and share INDD and other layout files. When using ID Util, you can export InDesign previews, for printing and for sharing with associates, vendors, clients, etc.
Adobe also quietly improved many critical features for generating ePub files. ePub is the standard format for eBooks on Apple’s iBookstore, and on the Nook, Kobo, and other e-readers. Now, you can export hyperlinked InDesign indexes, and map object styles to HTML tags and CSS classes. Embedded fonts now work in Apple’s iBooks, and you can assign ePub attributes to objects via the Object Styles dialog box.
– Jay J. Nelson
Page layout is the process of arranging (and rearranging) graphics and text on the page. With Markzware’s ID Util for macOS, you can efficiently check versions, preview, and export, while you are improving the appearances of your page layouts.
Export InDesign File (Adobe INDD) Previews as PDF, JPG or PNG: ID Util