The Adobe InDesign page layout application is currently used worldwide to create a range of print and publication documents. You can use a QuarkXPress XTension for file conversion to open InDesign CC version files within various versions of the Quark layout application.
Markzware develops solutions for print workflow production, content creation, desktop publishing (DTP) and more. Markzware’s ID2Q is an easy-to-use XTension that has been extensively developed for use on the macOS platform.
How to Convert InDesign CC 2018 to QuarkXPress 2018 with ID2Q:
1. Click “Markzware” in the QuarkXPress 2018 Menu Bar and select “Convert InDesign Document…”
from the ID2Q fly-out menu.
2. Select the InDesign CC 2018 (.indd) file to convert and click Open.
(A conversion progress bar appears. The InDesign file appears rebuilt in QuarkXPress.)
3. Save, close and reopen the new QuarkXPress file.
4. Remap any missing fonts or images via QuarkXPress.
5. Re-save the new QuarkXPress (.qxp) document.
File conversion that preserves formatting is a valuable process that can be used in a document production workflow. With Markzware ID2Q, you’ll be able to create QuarkXPress documents,which you can export to QuarkXPress-compatible platforms for printing, publishing, and ePublishing.
… powerful utility from Markzware which helps you to convert your Adobe InDesign file to QuarkXPress in seconds.
– Robin C., DailyTut.com, ID2Q reviewer
ID2Q for QuarkXPress 2018 offers many benefits:
• is simple to install and use for quality document conversion of Adobe InDesign documents into QuarkXPress projects.
• gives you the freedom to work in a QuarkXPress environment on macOS, for a fast return on investment.
• allows workflow members to more quickly move on to other graphic arts projects, saving valuable graphic design time.
Key Features in ID2Q allow you to:
• convert multiple InDesign files or a single InDesign file.
• convert all text and paragraph attributes for all stories in the document.
• use Character Styles, but disable Paragraph styles.
• use Styles, but disable Text of Character Styles.
• convert all text, ignore InDesign text and paragraph attributes, and use QuarkXPress default attributes.
• convert all text boxes by discarding all text stories, forming a “template” document.
• convert all image previews in the document.
• convert all picture boxes using a simple solid gray preview “place holder” for each image. The image links are retained and can be updated.
• convert all picture boxes by discarding picture previews and their links, forming a “template” document.
• resize a text box, to eliminate text overflow.
• apply a uniform scaling factor to all leading in a story.
• unclog a series of linked text containers.
• adjust the QXP file (create a topmost Layer and moves items with Run Around set to this new layer).
• apply auto adjust to all the tables in the document.
• see the document on screen as ID2Q builds it.
• use the last selected Conversion Options set, to convert an InDesign file.
• get help with your ID2Q XTension.
ID2Q Supports InDesign CS-CC 2018 File Conversion to:
• QuarkXPress 9 Mac
• QuarkXPress 10.5 Mac
• QuarkXPress 2015 Mac
• QuarkXPress 2016 Mac
• QuarkXPress 2017 Mac
• QuarkXPress 2018 Mac
ID2Q can convert InDesign document details to QuarkXPress, including:
• linked text boxes
• blends and colors
• text attributes and runarounds
• images, layers, and tables
• page positioning
How does [QuarkXPress 2018] differ from previous versions?
The user interface has been tweaked, with an improved and extended Measurement Palette that controls all object attributes.
Recognising the dominance of InDesign, QXP 2018 can import and convert native IDML as Quark layouts.
A big new feature is Colour Fonts, also available in the 2018 updates to Photoshop and Illustrator. This allows the creation of colour (RGB) and complex graphical effects within type, to be resaved as new fonts in the formats SVG, SBIX or COLR for use in print/PDF and some browsers.
PDF/A (archiving) export joins existing PDF/X-1a, X-3 and X-4 options.
Print output can now be scaled from 10 to 1,000% (with enlargements useful for signage and vehicle graphics).
Web/mobile related tools are extended: Android apps can be created (iOS was possible before) and HTML5 and ePub export are improved.
In file conversion, the target file type must support elements and structures of the source file. Markzware ID2Q converts INDD files, without the high cost, delays, and errors associated with rebuilding the original file.
To buy Markzware’s InDesign to QuarkXPress XTension, please visit the ID2Q page. You can buy more file conversion software, via the Markzware Products page. When you get a chance, please come join the Markzware Mailing List, and socialize with Markzware on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Convert InDesign CC 2018 to QuarkXPress 2018: Markzware ID2Q QXP Bundle